We are seeking a Transaction Advisory Manager to join a top accountancy and business advisory firm.
About The Company
The company is an award-winning, UK Member of the world's largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries. They specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values. Their strength in the marketplace is mirrored in their achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees
The company maintains extremely supportive and creative environment and is equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with clients is at the forefront of their service approach and you'll find that is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
About The Role
A Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage the delivery of projects on a day-to-day basis, and to build sustainable and profitable external and internal client relationships. You will have a good understanding of, and experience in, the field of financial due diligence for corporate or strategic buyers, private equity or financial buyers and vendors, and or reporting accountants work. You will also have developed sector knowledge.
- Project manage larger client engagements, which includes determining the project scope and resource requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review.
- Scope, prepare and review reports and documents using Word and PowerPoint
- Contribute to the management of the project team on a day-to-day basis, including responsibility for briefing, supervising and developing junior staff.
- Deliver complete reports that include specific conclusions and recommendations.
- Assist the Partner, Director and Assistant Directors in the development of existing and new service stream practices.
- Contribute to the successful development of client relationships. Liaise with clients on matters concerning risk management, progress and monitoring information flows.
- Promote knowledge sharing within the team.
- Ensure client feedback is captured, addressed and effectively communicated to the project manager/director.
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases.
- Support the conversion of opportunities into chargeable work including pitch participation.
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities, and inform the project director or partner as appropriate.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events and keeping abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers.
- Support recruitment, retention, development, training and motivation of employees within the Transaction Services team, acting as a role model to more junior staff.
- Seek and take action on feedback.
- Deliver honest and timely feedback to executives.
- Thorough working knowledge of Transaction Services activities
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
- Previous staff supervision or management experience.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- For those involved in Capital Markets transactions a good knowledge of the relevant legislation.