This role gives you the opportunity to take part in the development, facilitation and deployment of “World Class Learning” to the company's UK & Ireland region (“UK&I).
You will be aligned to learning for the Tax service line and will be part of a large, experienced and passionate Talent Development function. The role will also contribute to activities and projects across the wider UK&I Talent Development function.
About The Role
The purpose of this role is to identify, drive forward and deliver the technical learning and development needs of the UK&I and FSO Tax practice. A key part of the role involves facilitating Tax Technical learning to all levels within Tax, although this is predominantly for graduates and school leavers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with multiple senior stakeholders to identify key learning needs and to formulate the Talent Development strategy. You will support World Class learning through the design and development of global and Regional (i.e. UK&I) learning material for classroom, virtual and on-demand delivery.
This is an 18-24 month opportunity with the possibility for this to be further extended.
- Delivering Tax Technical Training through a variety of delivery channels, including classroom facilitation and delivery of online content
- Work with business leaders to identify training needs and trends within the business
- Designing in-house learning solutions which includes a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training and virtual technologies
- Analysing training needs on a regular basis and develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs as appropriate
- Develop sustainable, cost effective and suitably tailored interventions using insight into the latest learning approaches
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training programs, including return on investment and provide recommendations for improvement
- Develop relationships with the EMEIA and Global Tax Learning Leaders in order to understand the minimum baseline learning requirements and critically assess the applicability and relevance for the UK&I Tax practice.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong tax technical knowledge and experience
- An enthusiasm and commitment to learning and the development of our people
- Experience of facilitation is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to work in a virtual team
- Experience of driving change and influencing strategic direction
- Track record of maintaining strong business relationships and an ability to interact well with people at all levels within the firm
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Highly organised with an attention to detail and an ability to deliver to deadlines
- Proactive problem solver
- Strong team player with an enthusiastic, can do approach
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- An understanding of blended learning opportunities and how to effectively utilize them within a learning curriculum
The UK&I Tax Talent Development team is based in London and Birmingham. Ideally, the successful applicant will be based in one of these locations for the majority of the time. Individuals based in offices outside of commutable distance to Birmingham or London who are interested in the role are encouraged to discuss the options that may be available to them.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with flexible schemes you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
The firm is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.