Our client is a big 4 consultancy / accounting firm, seeking to hire a senior Reward specialist for their HR group in London.
The centralised Reward Team comprises of Head of Reward, Senior Reward Manager, Reward Manager, Recognition Manager, Benefits and Recognition Officer and two Reward Advisors. There are over 19,000 employees based in the UK, Ireland and Channel Islands and within this population, multiple stakeholder groups to influence and manage. The accountability of the team includes salary review, variable pay, benchmarking, recognition and external engagement surveys.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Educates the business on the firm's reward strategy and how to manage pay;
- Responsible for reward activity – key point of contact, maximising investment spend, identifying opportunity for development and change;
- Leads the annual salary review process, providing dedicated support, for own client group;
- Technical expert of the relevant salary planning tool;
- Job analysis, job sizing and benchmarking as required;
- Completion and submission to many and varied salary surveys and data requests;
- Analysis of salary survey and benchmark data to pay decisions and advise client group on using market data in support of the firm’s Reward strategy;
- Ensures consistency of approach between SLs/Business Units across UK&I and FSO;
- Creates and maintains pay bands for own client groups;
- Works with the SLs to ensure that pay bands and pay decisions are fair and equitable;
- Supports the annual flexible benefits enrolment - including the introduction of new benefits and other associated developments in each enrolment year;
- Supports the firm in the creation and implementation of variable pay schemes;
- Builds and maintains relationships with key SL stakeholders, HR Shared Service Centre, external providers and reward contacts in other firms, providing input into best practice and associated project work;
- Key contributor in reward project activity with opportunity to lead projects with support from senior reward specialists as required.
- May manage Reward Advisor supporting additional SLs
Experience, Qualifications & Personal Qualities
Numerate, data rational, analytical, detail conscious, methodical and good time-management and project management skills.
IT, HR Systems literate
Good interpersonal and communication skills. Able to establish credibility and present information effectively both orally and in writing and with senior stakeholders;
Able to work with ambiguity and change;
Experience of analysing data, including strong excel and power point skills;
Sound knowledge of reward - credible and proven track record of success within reward / HR
Experience of job analysis and/or job evaluation;
Ideally CIPD qualified