About The Company
The firm is the leading provider of information services for emerging markets executives around the globe. Through a bundled suite of research, analytical tools, and network of experts, they power the strategic plans and key business activities of emerging market business leaders at over 200 of the world’s leading multinational corporations with one goal in mind: To help clients outperform in emerging markets.
Headquartered in Washington D.C., with regional offices in London and Singapore, the firm is made up of exceptional individuals with a strong desire to work in a globally diverse setting. They are an innovative and entrepreneurial organisation that appreciates hard work, new ideas, and a commitment to excellence. The firm's employees are the best and the brightest, relentless in their pursuit to delight our clients and help bolster a world-class brand.
About The Role
Due to planned continued growth, the firm is seeking a Senior Analyst to join the Latin America Research team based in Washington, D.C. This position will focus primarily on Spanish-speaking South America, helping multinationals navigate macroeconomic, operational, and strategic challenges posed by the region’s vast and complicated markets while working closely with colleagues covering other emerging markets in Latin America.
Qualified individuals with a passion for informing the decisions of senior corporate executives are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Senior Analyst will report to the Head of Research for Latin America and will be responsible for helping businesses develop strategies and overcome management challenges in a rapidly changing operating environment.
- Mapping the external environment to business strategies, with an emphasis on business analysis and operational challenges
- Monitoring and analysing economic, political, and business trends
- Forecasting Macroeconomic indicators
- Developing value-added and actionable insights/frameworks to contextualise research
- Writing research deliverables that are concise and impactful for a senior executive reader
- Delivering research presentations to senior executive clients (over the phone as well as in-person)
- Supporting research process innovation and new product development
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-5 years of work experience at a consultancy or financial services firm, preferably with professional exposure to Latin America
- Professional fluency in Spanish; Portuguese language skills are a plus
- Strong quantitative background
- Demonstrated knowledge of common business issues, activities, and imperatives of a multinational executive responsible for a region, product category or segment
- It is preferred that he or she also brings the following experiences:
- An advanced degree, preferably in international economics or business administration
- Econometrics and/or statistical modelling
- Research process innovation and product development
- Time spent living and working in Latin America
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Robust interpersonal, communication, presentation, and persuasion skills
- A team-oriented mindset
- Demonstrable project management skills
- Sound business acumen