Our client is seeking a senior political risk associate in Cape Town . The team produces focused assessments to give clients a superior understanding of the political, commercial and security environments in which they operate.
The team has a global reach but each one of our analysts is a regional specialist and a subject matter expert in their field.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Associate/Associate, you will have direct managerial responsibility for analysts. This will entail overseeing both their professional development and case managing a variety of challenging and time-sensitive projects across a range of countries. In editing analysts’ work, the successful candidate will display excellent attention to detail, astute people management and communication skills, and thorough investment in others’ professional development.
Beyond reporting, the successful candidate will be expected to contribute suggestions for product, team and business development. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to liaise directly with clients and should have strong oral and presentational skills.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants require the following competencies.
- At least four years’ experience in a relevant position within the political and country risk sector, or within a complementary sector, such as global consultancies, government, NGOs, or civil society;
- Demonstrable experience managing a team and complex research projects;
- Excellent written and spoken English with a high standard in report editing;
- Applicants should demonstrate enthusiasm and aptitude for current affairs, risk analysis and modelling across political, economic and security risks;
- Experience of living and/or working abroad is preferred but not essential;
- Fluency in a non-English language is preferred but not essential; and,
- Applicants should have a strong academic and professional track record.