A leading Investigations firm is seeking to hire an inquisitive, highly motivated Investigator / Researcher to join their Dallas TX based team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Conducting research and interviews for the during disputes and after frauds investigations practice
- Using databases to conduct news, litigation, public records (such as property records), business and financial records research
- Conducting deep Internet and online meta-data and social media research
- Drafting and editing memos for clients
- Articulately briefing case managers and clients on findings
- Tracking and monitoring case budgets
- Communicating with clients about existing and new investigations
Desired Key Skills / Experience
Bachelors or higher degree is required, as well as strong writing, research and computer skills. At least two to four years of relevant work experience in research, journalism and/or investigations is desirable. Additional language fluency is a plus but not required. Fluency and strong writing skills in English are mandatory. Previous experience conducting investigative interviews and using databases such as Factiva, LexisNexis is highly desirable.
A candidate who is experienced in investigations utilizing online social media and a deep knowledge base of how the internet works; including how to obtain and review meta-data from websites (and email) is also a plus.
People who succeed in this role pay attention to detail, have a good memory, have natural problem solving skills, are able to remain organized but still think outside the box, work independently and use analytical thinking.