Our client, a world leading Investment Management firm is seeking to appoint a Senior Consultant to join their Compliance & Fund administration team.
About The Company
For more than a century, the company has worked hard building a legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a US based bank founded in 1889, they now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. The firm serves the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
The firm burnished it's reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, they have continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
About The Role
The firm's EMEA Compliance, a unit which forms part of Global Compliance and Corporate Risk, is entrusted with providing regulatory advice and assurance to senior management, boards, relevant committees, regulators and clients and ensuring the firm meets its regulatory obligations at all times.
Reporting to the Head of Fund Administration Compliance, as part of the UK and Mainland EMEA Compliance team, this role is to act as the second line of defence, compliance subject matter expert (‘SME’) on regulations impacting the UK Fund Administration businesses. Fund Administration includes Transfer Agency, Fund Accounting and Investment Operations Outsourcing. Assist in the implementation of the Compliance model into the business and provide ongoing oversight and reporting to senior members of the Compliance team as well as the Executive Management Committee that the business are meeting their regulatory obligations. The individual may also be asked to support the wider Compliance team and business units as necessary.
Act as a trusted adviser delivering a “consultancy” style service to partners in the UK Fund Administration businesses, including on business projects, new product offerings, offshoring considerations etc., including providing challenge and escalation to senior Compliance management where necessary;
- Be an SME on regulation impacting Fund Administration, including CASS,COBS and COLL rules, with the ability to interpret business and operational impact where the business model or regulations change;
- Work in partnership with the wider Compliance and Controls teams, especially the CASS Office;
- Develop and maintain the list of regulatory rules, guidance, controls and risk ratings that relate to the business;
- Support the creation and maintenance of Compliance policies and standards, and the development and delivery of training to partners in particular those relevant to the Cash business;
- Monitor and assess on a day to day basis the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures, controls and procedures put in place by the business to address the company’s compliance with its regulatory obligations;
- Attend relevant business and compliance meetings and provide the compliance view of the business;
- Assist the Regulatory Developments team and the business to monitor regulatory developments, including industry thinking and guidance;
- Work with the Head of Compliance Infrastructure and the business to respond to regulatory requests, meetings and reporting relating to the Fund Administration businesses;
- Produce and provide Compliance reporting on to Senior Management, Boards, Committees and Compliance Management for consideration.
- Experience in Compliance related to Fund Administration and/or CASS, preferably within a global financial institution;
- Operational or legal expertise would be beneficial;
- Extensive knowledge of FCA handbooks and relevant laws applicable to UK Fund Administration, in particular CASS, COBS and COLL;
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skill;
- Proven strong organisational skills;
- Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues;
- Ability to use initiative and work unsupervised in a proactive manner;
- Experience in regulatory exams and audit management preferable;
- Collaborative and flexible approach to work.
- The competencies that would be valuable for this role include:
- Excellence in Execution;
- Effective Communication;
- Analytical Thinking;
- Problem Solving Skills;
- Focused Client Relationships;
- Time Management skills