About The Company:
The company is a global regulatory and financial crime, risk, and compliance firm with offices in New York City, London and Hong Kong. The company arms financial institutions and multinational corporations with the practical advice and solutions they need to prevent compliance breaches, respond to risk, remediate major issues and monitor ongoing business activities. Working with clients worldwide to assist them in effectively managing their critical compliance challenges while developing and implementing the policies, procedures and programs needed to identify and avoid them in the future. Clients turn to the company's Advisory business because we are truly independent, with a team of experts that bring deep industry insight and compliance expertise. The company is now expanding and is hiring Senior Consultants to join the company's Advisory team, focusing on financial crime assurance.
Senior Consultants are vital members of the team who work individually or in teams on a range of assignments, across a diverse range of industries, including financial services, developing their analytical and technical skills to deliver high-impact, high-quality, advisory and assurance services relating to governance, risk management and compliance. Senior Consultants will scope, plan and execute elements of advisory, audit and assurance assignments, completing thorough review, analysis, assessment, and draft reporting. They also help to guide and coach junior staff including analysts and consultants. Advisory assignments will include evaluating the adequacy, comprehensiveness and effectiveness of clients’ financial crime risk management control frameworks to provide assurance to management and where weaknesses are identified, recommend improvements.
- Participate in local and international advisory and assurance engagements which typically focuses on financial crime, governance and risk management
- Perform the day to day project activities as required to delivery the assignment
- Perform assigned work independently or within a small team, with minimal guidance, typically reporting to a more senior member of the team
- Scope, plan and design work programs to evaluate the adequacy, comprehensiveness and effectiveness of client’s governance, risk management and compliance arrangements, systems and controls typically helping clients to assess the adequacy of their internal controls or manage strategic implications of regulation, effective implementation of new requirements and identification, management and remediation of regulatory risks and issues.
- Execute work programs through client interviews, review of available documentation and sample-based testing
- Evaluate adherence to applicable internal policy requirements and governance structures as well as relevant laws and regulations
- Perform critical impact analysis on client programs and assists in making strategic recommendations
- Investigate and report issues, as needed, conducting inquires, obtaining and reviewing necessary documents and interviewing client staff, as appropriate
- Identify deficiencies in processes and controls and recommend solutions to complex issues
- Work with client staff to agree on corrective actions to strengthen governance, risk management or compliance programs, processes and controls
- Prepare reports and presentations that articulate the results/conclusions of the review activities
- Participate in strategic and tactical client projects to increase client offering
- Maintain an understanding of business operations and regulatory guidance/expectations
- Maintain effective working relationships with team members and stakeholders
- Maintain a professional understanding of business regulation – both consumer and market-facing – including anti-money laundering, sanctions, fraud, anti-bribery and corruption, governance and systems and controls
- Deliver high quality work within established timeframes and budgets
Knowledge and Skills:
- Financial crime compliance. Experience working for a financial institution or consulting firm focusing on AML, sanctions and/or anti-corruption compliance. A familiarity with financial crime compliance controls such as sanction screening, transaction monitoring and suspicious activity reporting, KYC and risk assessments
- Analytical ability. Advanced analytical and issue resolution ability and problem solving is essential. Experienced in identifying potential control issues and their root cause, and identifying enhancement opportunities in financial crime compliance programs
- Risk management. Experienced in identifying potential financial crime risks in complex financial products, systems and processes. Familiarity with correspondent banking, trade finance, payment systems and SWIFT messages
- Thorough knowledge of standard audit procedures and control testing routines
- Excellent writing skills. Ability to draft accurate, concise summaries of complex information and to make recommendations for improvement
- Ability to develop creative solutions to clients’ strategic issues
- Strong written and oral communications skills with demonstrated report writing skills
- Strong attention to detail. Experience in data analysis and the preparation of spreadsheets.
- Experience conducting investigative interviews
- High level of initiative, strong work ethic, and self-motivation
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment while accomplishing individual projects
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
- Understanding of IT controls a plus
Professional Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or business related field, and/or other professional certification or qualification
- At least three years of relevant financial crime compliance, internal audit or consulting experience at a Big 4 consulting firm, financial institution or regulatory agency.
- Computer and Internet proficient, with mastery of Microsoft applications required.
- Proficient written and verbal English language skills
- Non-English language skills a plus
- Ability to travel outside of home country to complete client engagements (30-50%)