About The Company
Our client is a boutique investment management company currently responsible for the management of over £3.6 billion in investment funds/ portfolios for the retail and institutional marketplace.
The company is committed to building and developing their own internal compliance department, processes and systems. The company recognises that the effective management of their internal compliance and their relationships with service providers and key distributors is critical to the future development of the business.
This role will provide a tremendous opportunity for the right candidate to assist with the compliance function within the company.
About The Role
The role requires a compliance experienced individual to assist with the day to day activities within a fast moving organisation. The candidate will be required to interface between the company’s various departments and third party counterparties ensuring that all compliance functions are completed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
The Candidate will report directly to the Head of Compliance.
- Ensure that the business complies with its regulatory requirements as a UK regulated business.
- Provide regulatory and technical advice and expertise on all compliance issues relating to asset management. You will be expected to identify existing and emerging regulatory and compliance risks and ensure that they are appropriately managed; you will also be responsible for providing compliance advice and day-to-day compliance oversight of the business.
- You will quickly need to build an understanding of the key compliance risks and work closely with the Head of Compliance to co-ordinate and align responsibilities in order to provide an effective compliance service to the business.
- The size of the business provides an interesting and varied role which requires a hands on approach and interaction with the business.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews and investigations across different operation activities to ensure that the business is being conducted in accordance with the relevant regulations, as well as company policies.
- Stand in for, and represent Compliance on key committees, in the absence of the Head of Compliance.
- Represent Compliance on sub-committees and working groups and, where relevant, chair meetings where Compliance are the main stakeholder. Represent Compliance in business wide projects and lead projects relating to regulatory change.
- Recommend procedural improvements and create new policies and procedures in line with process changes or regulatory developments.
- Assist with FCA/Trustees/HMRC/IA liaison.
- Assist with internal and external Compliance reporting.
- Customer Focus
- Performance Management
- Planning & Organising
- Relationship management
- Verbal communication
- Work under pressure
- Written communication
Skills & Knowledge
Technical knowledge and experience required:
- The candidate should have at least four or five year’s compliance experience, preferably within asset management (in-house or consultant).
- Proven understanding of the regulatory environment particularly FCA SYSC and COBS regulations and knowledge of Compliance best practice within the asset management industry.
- The candidate should have a good understanding of the financial markets, compliance and able to demonstrate a commercial awareness in problem solving.
- The candidate will have strong organisational and communication skills and be confident in maintaining the compliance activities when key personnel are not present.
- A focus on customer satisfaction and attention to detail and accuracy are essential for this role.
- The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) Diploma in Investment Compliance or Investment Management Certificate (IMC) is preferable.
- Mentoring/coaching staff.