Risk Manager (London) (c. £50-60K dependent upon experience)
About The Company
The firm is a leading provider of wealth and investment management services to private clients, professional advisers, charities, corporates and institutions. Combined, managing almost £9 billion of client assets from 13 offices across the UK, employing c.500 professionals.
The firm provides a range of financial products and services to over 10 million clients globally and is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. They have attained size, strength and reputation by providing a high quality, personalised service to clients, whatever their stage of life or financial ambitions.
Based in London; (c.1 day a week/fortnight expected in in Bristol) they are currently looking for a Risk Manager to embed and maintain an effective Enterprise Risk Management Framework across the business.
About The role
The key aspect of your role will be to maintain an effective Enterprise Risk Management Framework to ensure that all risks to the business are identified and assessed with effective controls and measures put in place to mitigate or reduce the risk in accordance with regulatory compliance, audit requirements, our approved risk tolerance, risk appetite and our strategic plans.
You will also take an active involvement in the production of the Group and solo ORSAs to meet our regulatory reporting requirements
To be successful in your role you will need to liaise with the business and Risk Champions to identify gaps and provide support, education and training where required to increase and maintain our risk awareness across the organisation.
Skills and experience
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate the following:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Financial Services with demonstrable risk management experience.
- Specific Investment Management environment experience highly desirable
- Contemporary risk management practices, Solvency II risk management requirements and FCA and PRA risk management requirements.
- Industry awareness
- Previous people management experience an advantage
- Able to think intuitively and autonomously
- Possess strong influencing skills to engage effectively with others and an ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to build connections and work collaboratively across boundaries at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Possess excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task to ensure timely completion and delivery of tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of balancing priorities and communicating those as required
We will also consider candidates who are based in Bristol for this role but with the expectations of travel to London c.2-3 days a week.