About The Company
The firm remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the furm across all time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, the firm combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing the firms, investment management teams, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, the firm is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
The firm's goal is to build and manage investment and wealth management strategies and solutions that address the ever changing needs of our clients. Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to understand their needs and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. As recognised pioneers of the multi-boutique model, the firm has some of the best investment ideas, from the finest investment minds, all in one place.
The firm has over US$1.7 trillion AUM and is the firm's global investment management arm, one of the world’s 6th largest global asset managers and 5thlargest asset manager active in the European marketplace.
About The Role
The firm is currently hiring for a Risk Manager to take a lead role in the design, development and execution of the operational risk framework and oversight programme.
- Maintain and update the Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), working with senior business owners to ensure “gaps” are identified and closed in a timely manner and processes continually assessed.
- Perform detailed risk assessments on proposed business process changes and key areas of risk e.g. AML, Fraud, Market Abuse.
- Co-ordinate the firm's Capital Planning process and contribution to the IMEH consolidated ICAAP, working with the firm's senior management, Finance and group Compliance.
- Perform diagnostic work on OpRisk Events and work with business stakeholders to develop actions to enhance the control environment.
- Develop and maintain Risk Appetite Statement (RAS) for each of the above entities, including preparation of updates to governance committees and boards of the above entities.
- Develop, implement and monitor Key Risk Indicators and RAS metrics and report to governance committees and legal entity boards on exceptions.
- Preparation of Operational Risk report submitted to governance committees, including the company Investment Management Oversight Committee (IMOC) and Risk & Compliance Committee (RCC), and legal entity boards.
- Maintenance of Risk Management Policies and Procedures and review updates of corporate policies, communicating key changes to business stakeholders.
- To make an active contribution to the design and development of the Risk & Compliance oversight programme in respect of delegated investment management and administration functions, working with colleagues within the Risk & Compliance team to execute reviews according to the plan agreed by RCC and the legal entity boards.
- Ensure that output from oversight reviews are documented accurately and in a timely manner, escalating issues promptly to the Head of Risk & Compliance and where appropriate, to senior management.
- Participate in centralised initiatives across the firm's & Compliance organisation, to ensure consistency of approach across business lines and appropriate knowledge-exchange.
- General duties, as required, including co-ordination of records management policy and process, validation of recorded phone lines and e-mail retention policies.
- Provide support to the management and execution of business projects and those related to regulatory-change. Demonstrate awareness of current and emerging regulatory and industry developments and the potential impact to the fund management companies.
- Provide training to the business on operational risk matters as required.
- Prior experience working with the financial services industry would be advantageous, particularly within Compliance or another control function (i.e. Risk or Internal Audit).
- Exposure and understanding of accounting and finance desirable.
- Familiarity with the UK regulatory system including the FCA’s supervisory approach and the Handbook of rules/guidance, particularly prudential rules, also beneficial.
- Competent in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other desktop applications.
- Degree level preferred but not essential