Risk Management Manager (Travel Security)
Within the professional services environment, the application of risk management procedures is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services and promotion of our brand. Risk management encompasses the technical support and processes which underpin the delivery of service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and achieve full fee recovery.
The RM group is responsible for identifying, assessing and managing the risks that represent a threat either to the firm’s assets in UK and Ireland, or to its ability to conduct ‘business as usual’. The firm’s assets comprise its people (both in UK and Ireland, or those based in the UK&I travelling or working abroad), and its buildings and contents.
The RM Team comprises a Director, who leads the team, with three other employees supported by a number of contracted Risk professionals involved in Security and Health & Safety. There is a vacancy for a new Manager role with a focus on travel security, but there will be opportunities to get involved in other areas of responsibility.
Travel Security: The primary responsibility for this role is to support the RM Senior Manager for Travel Security and it will involve the following responsibilities:
- Monitoring security reports from our contracted travel security advisers and other sources.
- Generating risk assessments for travel to ‘Medium’, ‘High’ and ‘Extreme’ risk destinations, or where higher risk activities are to be undertaken, such as working on rigs, working independently from colleagues in isolated areas for a protracted period, or using unusual modes of transport in countries with poor infrastructure or safety cultures.
- Verifying that appropriate controls are in place.
- Briefing travelers and ensuring they are prepared for travel.
- Assisting in managing travel security or medical emergency incidents.
- Managing travel security information and alert systems and the online travel security training program.
In addition the manager will have opportunities to be involved in the following:
- Information Management: including, RM’s SharePoint, web presence and technology platforms especially operating mass alert systems and travel tracking systems on an ongoing basis and in the event of an incident.
- Incident Management: involvement in the firm’s incident escalation procedures. The manager should expect to be contacted out of hours from time to time, and/or to be part of an on-call roster. Must be prepared to react immediately to any incident that affects, or may affect, the firm’s ability to conduct business as usual across the UK&I (travel may be required in exceptional circumstances at short notice within UK&I).
- Security: Manage the operational elements of physical security for the estate in UK and in Ireland, predominately outside of London. On an ad-hoc basis, occasional attendance at events (promotional, social, cultural, and sporting) in UK might be required; to provide oversight of security or more likely a conduit between the firm and security providers.
Desired Skills and Experience
Knowledge and Experience
- Practical personal experience of managing travel security at a corporate HQ level.
- Experience of managing incidents or significant issues, especially in a commercial environment.
- IT literate.
- Experience of managing risk assessments.
- Intelligent, inquisitive, discrete, well organized with plenty of common sense and a pragmatic, positive outlook.
- A team player, who is capable of building and sustaining effective working relationships internally and externally.
- The individual should be prepared to work in one of the London office buildings for the majority of their time and to be able personally to attend and support out of hours incidents in London or elsewhere in UK and Ireland as necessary.
- Current UK National Security Vetting status or the ability to hold it once in post.
For more information, please contact Nathan Blackman on email@example.com / 07733 507 771