An opportunity has arisen for a Risk Analyst to join a leading London based Asset Management firm.
About The Role
The role seeks to monitor, advise and report to Senior Management (and appropriate boards and committees) that risks are being effectively managed and that the business is compliant with relevant regulation.
To this end, the role provides relevant and timely risk information for consideration within the business and advice on the same as necessary and to ensure that Risk systems (predominantly IBM Algo Riskwatch and ARA – but maybe being migrated to a different system) and data that produce these reports are accurate and reliable.
The position requires working closely with colleagues within IT, Front Office as well as the other 4 members of the Investment Risk team.
- Portfolio Risk Reporting and certain manual restriction monitoring, including:
- Production of other Client Specific Portfolio Risk Reporting
- VaR Back-testing, analysis with subsequent data cleaning and model enhancement where necessary.
- Development and maintenance of procedures for the above activities, including “VaR Policy Document”
- Escalation of monitoring queries to line management, fund managers, client directors, operations staff or system support as appropriate.
- Respond/investigate to enquiries/queries regarding above
- User Acceptance Testing for fixes/enhancement to various risk systems. Including new FIG risk reporting platform.
- Specified Risk Committee secretariat.
- Providing support and assistance to the Head of Investment Risk
- Supporting the development of enhancements to risk reporting analytics.
- Develop understanding of Xenomorph and OTC pricing in general
- Provide technical support to Market Data Analyst as required.
- Produce certain regular and ad-hoc client reporting.
- Experience within a market/investment risk role within an asset management or sell-side company would be preferable although not essential.
- Good mathematical knowledge, obtained through undergraduate (ideally with MSc or equivalent) degree in maths, physics, engineering or maths focused economics.
- Broad understanding of Investment products, particularly derivatives. NB breadth is preferable to depth of product knowledge
- FRM or PRM or similar qualification; or interest/willingness to study for said.
- Good “end user” computer programming skills e.g. Excel VBA macros, Access, SQL.
- Interest in and a good understanding of financial markets and products, in particular Derivatives.
- Practical experience of applying concepts to real instruments/portfolios.
- Good problem solving and analytic skills required.
- Knowledge of the financial risk aspects of UCITS and/or AIFMD would be helpful.
- Ability explain complex concepts and data to multi-disciplinary audiences
- Demonstrates initiative in searching out financial risk (and providing mitigants) and suggestions for improvement for processes and controls.
- Demonstrates ability and enthusiasm to work with others in a small team, and provide cover during other team member absence. Deliver to agreed deadlines and work well under pressure where required.