About The Role
Under the direction of the Resilience Manager, the post-holder will play an important role in enhancing the resilience of both the company (in order to ensure it remains secure, accessible and able to recover quickly from a disruption or incident), and it's umbrella company (in order that the company is protected from, prepared for, and able to withstand incidents or events).
- Contribute to the successful operation of the resilience programme, in support of the Resilience Manager, including the following work streams:
- Business Continuity: Support the Business Continuity programme maintenance of the Business Continuity plans, conduct or assist in training and testing as appropriate. Responsible for maintenance and testing of continuity strategies including Work Area Recovery.
- Crisis Management: Execute tasks associated with the design, implementation, maintenance and testing of crisis management plans. Experience in the management and use of mass-communication tools.
- Major Incident/Security Planning: Support the implementation of Major Incident/Security plans and policies, which govern the Company’s response to threats and major incidents at.
- Risk Management: As directed, conduct risk management projects, such as risk assessments, vulnerability studies etc.
- Support the programme of on-going stakeholder management with the Estate’s tenants in order to communicate and embed these plans as necessary, and deliver high quality briefings/presentations as necessary within the Resilience Forum..
- Proactively identify, forge and maintain relationships with external stakeholders including estate tenants, the emergency services/government agencies, and other organisations as necessary; acting as an ambassador for the security and resilience department.
- Execute tasks associated with the design, implementation and organisation of the annual ‘estate-wide’ crisis exercise to test incident response, communication and co-ordination.
- As part of the Business Continuity and Crisis Management strategy, engage with department heads and staff and assist in the development of their departmental contingency and resilience plans.
- Support the execution of the Major Incident, Business Continuity and Crisis Management plans in the event of a major incident as well as crisis communications plans and capability.
- Maintain underpinning procedures and the relevant equipment to enable successful deployment of any Plan(s) during a major incident.
- Through ‘horizon-scanning’, develop and maintain awareness of potential future impacts to the Estate in order to inform risk assessments/plans/policies, as well as preparing internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for regular management of corporate records, distribution lists, emergency supplies and documentation.
- Deputise for the Resilience Manager when required.
Quality Management Responsibilities
All staff are required to comply with Quality Management System requirements detailed within the Company Quality Manual & Policies, and to ensure that all Procedure; Plans and Forms within InfoBase are effectively implemented to meet the set ISO 9001: 2008 Quality Management Standard.
- Ideally suited to recent graduate from a resilience discipline with 2 to 3 years’ professional experience or the equivalent relevant experience within the resilience sector.
- Practical experience in producing, maintaining and/or the implementation of a wide range of emergency and business continuity plans and initiatives.
- Crisis management experience to include incident response as well as training and exercising.
- Robust organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks working to deadlines.
- Excellent communicator with strong verbal and written skills with the ability to interact at all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage projects/tasks through their lifecycle to completion.
- Demonstrable experience of building relationships with internal and external partners to assist the delivery of business objectives.
- Keen awareness of the resilience sector and proactive in anticipating changes to policy and major incident arrangements.
- Prepared to work flexibly and varied hours as required, including out-of-hours call out and attendance.