This is an opportunity to join and advance within a rapidly growing and exciting international financial services technology company where each individual can really make a difference.
About The Company
The company is one of Europe's fastest-growing FinTech companies, providing FX, currency volatility risk management, international payments and trade finance; all built upon cutting-edge technology.
Considered one of the 50 most innovative FinTechs in Europe, the firm was ranked #8 in the Sunday Times SME Export track and received investment of over $83 million to help accelerate growth and innovation, making it one of the best funded FinTechs in Europe.
Headquartered in London, it is an Authorised Payment Institution, with offices also in the Netherlands, Poland and Spain, and new offices opening very soon across locations in Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium) and thereafter the USA.
They have over 12,000 clients, predominately Small and Medium Enterprises, and employ nearly 400 people worldwide.
Led by a highly-driven, dynamic and entrepreneurial team with a track record of success, they are looking for a smart, articulate individual to join as part of the expanding compliance team.
About The Role
We are seeking an experienced Compliance Associate with knowledge of the regulatory regime impacting Authorised Payment Institutions (APIs) / E-money Institutions (EMIs), and experience of working in a global and fast paced business environment.
The candidate will perform a diverse compliance role within the firm, primarily working on a range of compliance and regulatory risk management matters, including the application of the Payment Services Regulations, Regulatory licensing requirements, Fraud prevention and ideally Data Privacy.
It is important for the candidate to have the appropriate technical experience, excellent written and interpersonal skills and be able to offer practical and commercially viable solutions to regulatory matters.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of compliance experience gained within a financial services firm, ideally an EMI or an API, or in a compliance role for a payments function within a Corporate Bank.
Communication and planning are key functions of this role, which will work closely with all parts of the global business and also directly with the Global Head of Compliance to further develop, implement and monitor the Global compliance program.
This role is due to the expansion of the compliance team and will report directly to the Global Head of Compliance. The team members will comprise of a Senior Compliance Manager, a Compliance Manager, two compliance associates (one of these is this role) and two compliance analysts.
There is also the opportunity for the right candidate to manage one or two compliance analysts and also for international travel to other offices, should they wish to.
- Provide risk and compliance advice to the business and management on a range of regulatory issues (primarily PSD2), including process enhancements and controls and new product developments
- Provide face to face training to the business
- Design, write and implement governance frameworks, policies, procedures and systems
- Liaise with and report to regulators globally (including licence applications)
- Audit preparation work
- Help oversee and monitor the implementation of the Global compliance program, including reviewing the compliance program from time to time, in light of changes in the firm’s businesses and the law / regulatory requirements
- Undertake operational process reviews to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (for example safeguarding)
- Manage regulatory compliance projects, including implementation of legislation / regulation
- Design and conduct periodic risk assessments, and thereafter produce reports and complete and close any corrective action plans
- Help implement the compliance training and monitoring plans and ensure that employees and management are aware of the compliance requirements
- Investigate, record and ensure timely and effective responses to customer complaints and any policy breaches, including developing the necessary corrective solutions
- Provide advice and help train and manage more junior members of the compliance team
- Work closely with technology teams to identify and implement automated solutions to continually enhance compliance processes
- Keep abreast of key regulatory changes which may impact on the firm’s businesses
- Assist with weekly and monthly reporting.
Skills & Experiance
- Experience with PSD and providing regulatory compliance advice is a must
- Experience reviewing and updating Compliance Policies
- Experience working in a global environment
- Personable, with ability to work well within a team environment and build relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with problems in a practical and common sense way, and make sound decisions (commercial approach and understanding of issues facing the firm)
- Ability to work with a degree of independence and autonomy
- Good attention to detail with the ability to produce high quality advice.
- Academic qualifications in Law or Compliance.
- Experience in current and / or new markets.