An exciting opportunity for an experienced recruitment manager to lead the UKI (UK and Ireland) Tax and PAS (People Advisory Services) recruitment team.
About The Role
You will lead the UKI Tax and PAS recruitment team in planning and executing recruitment strategy to deliver the Service Line’s headcount plan, acting as an effective recruitment business partner.
You will be responsible for formulating appropriate recruitment strategies and plans for the UKI Tax and PAS business areas. You will do this by ensuring the team’s compliance with relevant employment law and work to ensure that candidates have an excellent recruitment experience. You will provide tactical/operational recruitment support for specific sub-areas formulating appropriate recruitment plans based on a thorough understanding of recruitment methods and concepts assessment methods.
You will be a trusted recruitment business partner for the Tax and PAS service Lines working with a range of senior business stakeholders mainly at a partner level and also working closely with business operations, HR & resourcing. You will understand the key business drivers and the role of recruitment within the context of the overall business objectives. Based on this you will monitor the effectiveness of recruitment processes and systems and adapts them (where appropriate) to help the business recruit more effectively.
Reporting into the Portfolio Lead and with working alongside and collaborating with the FS Tax/PAS recruitment manager, you will ensure that delivery across the team meets scorecard objectives.
The key part of the role is the direct line management of the team to ensure that they receive the support necessary to reach recruitment goals You will have formal responsibility for performance management (as a counsellor) and you will be responsible for shaping individual and team scorecards and contribution to the recruitment scorecard. You will encourage and ensures best practice is adhered to in the team and that new recruitment methodologies and strategies are circulated and understood. You will also share knowledge of business and recruitment market issues/data with the wider team and take responsibility and lead on more significant recruitment wide initiatives and projects.
Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrates a good understanding of recruitment effectiveness and continuously questions whether activities are adding value to the business. Is able to stand back from day to day demands of the business and challenge peers and managers to remain focused on activities that will support the long term business strategy
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the overall business strategy and the implications for recruitment. Translates recruitment plans into initiatives and deliverables and effectively communicates these to the right people. Balances tactical work and long term plans.
- Participates in regular discussions with service line leaders across the UK about the strategic direction of the business and impact on recruitment; serves as a trusted advisor.
- People management - able to lead and motivate and inspire others to deliver recruitment plans
- Relationship building skills - with the ability to challenge senior management where necessary but recognises the need to listen to, respond and adapt style to build and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Comprehensive in-house recruitment management experience gained either within professional services or through other commercial entities
- Cognizant of the latest employment legislation and key issues surrounding immigration
- Commercially driven
- Advanced experience of recruiting candidates at all levels including senior hires from a variety of sources - headhunting candidates directly for vacancies, resourcing candidates from job boards, recruitment systems, mapping, internal networks and Search etc
- Able to create, execute and deliver holistic recruitment strategies and adapt plans in light of changing business priorities
- Commercial knowledge regarding the type of measures and targets that are set for recruitment and holds awareness of these targets while managing the team’s work
Ideal Person Specification
You will be an accomplished recruitment manager working in a complex matrix organisation. You will have great people management skills and advanced knowledge of recruitment best practice.
A competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development where you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
The firm is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.