About The Company
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, using the finance products, expertise and systems they have developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, the firm makes it their ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
The Financial Services Assurance practice in the UK has over 1000 professionals delivering external audit and other assurance services to clients within the financial service industry. It also has a dynamic and fast growing Financial Accounting and Advisory Services (FAAS) and Extended Assurance (EA) group. The UK practice is part of EMEIA FSO which operates across 12 international locations and encompasses more than 3,000 staff.
About The Role
We have a 12 month opportunity as a Quality and Risk Manager to cover maternity leave. Managing a team of three, you will support the FS Assurance practice with all Quality and Risk projects and queries. This is a great opportunity to work in one of the largest professional services firm in the world and is one of the "Big Four" accounting firms.
As the Q&RM manager you will be responsible for organising and managing various risk project and quality initiatives for the practice in accordance with the business’ requirements and policies. Working with the wide Quality and Risk team, you will ensure the firm’s compliance with the rules and regulations imposed either by external professional regulatory bodies or by Ernst & Young Global in relation to the conduct of the firm’s assurance business in the financial services industry.
This will include:
- Team coaching and management
- Oversee all engagement tool queries received from the practice
- Project managing the logistics of the annual Audit Quality Review
- Plan and perform the assessment of the partner and director’s quality assessment
- Coordinate Partner rotation requirements
- Manage lost data incidents
- Respond to regulatory requests
- Compile the management information for the wider Risk Management team
- Support the team leader in prioritising and monitoring the work of the wider Assurance risk management team, made up of ten individuals
- Deliver risk management training to all levels of staff and partners
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills, including the confidence to articulate to and positively influence individuals of all grade and levels
- Strong organisational and project management skills, including the ability to plan ahead and manage your time
- Great attention to detail
- Trustworthy and reliable
- A background in quality & risk management or compliance
- Experience of managing teams including the ability to encourage and motivate people
- A working knowledge of basic Excel and data analysis
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in a financial or professional services environment
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and data analysis
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. The firm's comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with flexible benefits you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. In addition to
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
The firm is committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. The firm strives to achieve the right balance for it's people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.