An excellent opportunity to join a boutique asset manager as a performance analyst within a team of two. You will be responsible for producing timely and accurate fund performance calculations, gain exposure to portfolio risk analysis with extensive liaison with portfolio managers and the sales and marketing team.
The firm is a boutique asset manager, founded in 2006 and currently manages £4.8bn. The investment team consists of experienced fund managers who operate autonomous and disciplined investment approaches that have been tried and tested over several market cycles.
The firm is majority owned by a substantial financial services company with a market capitalisation of £6.7bn and a Fitch credit rating of AA-. The firm is the Group’s international Centre of Excellence for asset management.
About The Role
Based in their offices in London (EC1N) they are looking for an experienced Performance Analyst to calculate and produce performance figures for the firm.
The key function of your role is to provide the effective and accurate production of periodic (month end / quarter end / year-end) reporting of the performance calculations.
To do this; you will be expected to calculate and interpret attribution analysis on a variety of equity and fixed income Funds and use internal systems to produce factsheets, board and quantitative reports as well as competitor analysis for use by the Client Service teams and associated teams in Dublin and Cape Town.
This position will give you great exposure to a wide variety of performance reporting requirements and also portfolio risk analysis and reporting and would be a great opportunity for a performance reporting professional with experience from within an asset management environment who is looking for a very interesting and diverse role.
Skills / Experience
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate the following:
- Performance measurement experience within Investment Management environment.
- IMC qualification – (level I CIPM would be useful though not obligatory).
- Good working knowledge of proprietary systems such as Bloomberg, Morningstar and Lipper.
- A self starter with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- The ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- A solid mathematical background.
- Superb communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (primarily Outlook and Excel – both essential)