About The Company
Our client is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products.
We support our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent and innovative thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by fostering an energetic and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
The firm is a truly global asset manager with US$331bn1 of assets under management. We have a diverse geographic footprint, employing close to 2500 staff in 28 offices globally. Headquartered in London, we are dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Australian Securities Exchange.
About The Role
The Performance team is responsible for the calculation and analysis of all of our funds under management and the distribution of this data within the business.
- Assist in the production of monthly NAV based performance and ex-post risk stats for the firm's retail products including OEICs, SICAVS, Investment Trusts, Unitised Life and Pension funds, and Enhanced Index Funds.
- Production of monthly TWRR performance and attribution reports for Investment Trusts.
- Peer group analysis using a variety of sources including Morningstar Direct.
- Production of daily transaction based attribution for Henderson OEIC and Horizon range using Factset at a variety of levels.
- Ongoing adherence to regulatory changes and maintenance of firms GIPS compliance.
- Production and distribution of monthly market data reports using Datastream and Factset.
- Maintenance of composites on StatPro and provision of composite reports to the business.
- Assist in the enhancement of retail reporting and performance projects as required.
- Liaison with internal clients to include Fund Managers, Client Services, Marketing, Sales and Product.
- Respond to wide-ranging RFP requests and ad hoc queries.
- Assumes additional duties as assigned.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a numerical subject or similar.
- Prior experience of working as a Performance Analyst.
- Experience using performance measurement and attribution software preferably StatPro, FactSet, Morningstar Direct, Datastream, Bloomberg.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively at all levels within the business and with external parties (eg: Software).
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Analytical with problem-solving/investigating ability.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively across all business areas.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Good organisational, planning and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
- Annual Performance Appraisal
- Completion of all assigned Compliance training
At a minimum, the role requires the individual to:
- Place the interest of the firm first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and comply with any federal, state, and foreign laws and regulations applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of Compliance if this is unclear at any time
- Understand and comply with all relevant company policies applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of the relevant policy owner if this is unclear at any time.
- The individual in the role is ultimately accountable for his/her own actions and is responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.