A position has arisen at our clients Oxfordshire based global investment management firm for an experienced Performance Analyst.
About The Company
Our client is leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of distinctive investment management capabilities, the company provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to clients around the world.
About The Role
An excellent opportunity has arisen in the firm's EMEA Headquarters in Oxfordshire for a Performance Analyst to join the Global Performance Measurement & Risk Team.
The Performance Analyst under direct supervision, collects and analyses investment performance data working with internal groups (operations, portfolio/product management, marketing, compliance, investment management) and external groups (clients, prospects, consultants).
The individual will have a solid understanding of the investment management industry including performance calculation and variables impacting returns proactively anticipating and escalating any issues as appropriate. The end result is to ensure that performance data is provided in a timely, complete and accurate manner to both internal and external clients.
- Calculate and produce accurate performance data interacting with appropriate individuals/groups to resolve errors. Review and verify work of others for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist in the construction and maintenance of composites in compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) for assigned portfolios/strategies. Assist in compiling data and documentation for the annual firm-wide verification of compliance with GIPS. Understand GIPS implications relative to role
- Maintain systems and databases by ensuring departmental procedures are followed reviewing the accuracy and integrity of static and time series data for assigned portfolios, benchmarks, and other information
- Obtain strong understanding of performance calculations in various systems and calculate manually as needed
- Prepare, interpret and investigate anomalies in attribution/contribution reports used in the analysis of performance
- Prepare reports and respond to inquiries, on both a recurring and ad hoc basis, for internal and external clients. Interact regularly with clients to research and resolve queries.
- Ensure performance data has been represented in a complete and accurate manner within Senior Management reports, third-party databases and sales materials. Maintain understanding of performance related disclosures.
- Actively participate on special projects and support/implement process improvements/efficiencies.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of retail and/or institutional product lines and related skill sets.
- Work closely with upstream operational teams to determine appropriate processing requirements for varying transaction & instrument types (including derivatives). Advise on the appropriate treatment of such transactions in the underlying accounting data utilised by performance calculations.
- Solid proven experience in the investment management industry is preferred
- Must demonstrate knowledge of performance measurement and related rules and regulations surrounding the securities industry
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the underlying accounting data utilised by performance calculations.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Mathematics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing or a related field
- It is also necessary to understand industry regulations governing the investment management industry and related compliance procedures
- Further study towards industry qualification is advantageous
- Personal Attributes
- Must possess a high aptitude of analytical and mathematical skills which are required for calculating, reviewing and disseminating performance information Must show the ability to meet deadlines, establish priorities and concentrate on detailed information sometimes under stressful conditions for up to 95% of the work time
- Must show superior customer service by generating and responding to client requests in a timely manner as well have the interpersonal skills to interactive with both internal and external clients
- Able to communicate effectively both written and orally
- Proficient in the use of third-party financial industry databases and Microsoft Office
- The ability to cooperate in a team environment is also critical.