Based in our client's offices in Bristol; they are currently looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator to manage a wide variety of payroll and reward activities.
About The Company
Our client is a leading financial services business providing wealth planning advice, discretionary fund management and stockbroking services to private clients. They deliver employee benefits and auto-enrolment programmes to companies and provide investment and wealth management solutions to the professional advice community.
As an experienced Payroll Administrator, you will be responsible for the delivery of payroll administration across the company's UK businesses, working closely with a 3rd party payroll provider to ensure each payroll is timely and accurate. This will entail dealing with internal client queries and providing technical advice where required.
Your working knowledge of the function as well as the relevant language and legislation around a variety of payroll related concerns, to include statutory allowances, gross/net pay calculations, a variety of benefit payments, tax and national insurance contributions, sickness/absence pay and holiday pay, will make up the core of your everyday role.
Other responsibilities include maintaining a monthly payroll file containing all temporary and permanent variation documents as well as preparing reports relating to payments of statutory deductions to third parties in a timely manner complying with any deadlines indicated.
You will also get the opportunity to assist the wider HR team with a variety of HR project and HR administration activities that cover the full employee lifecycle.
This would be a great role for an experienced Payroll administrator who really wants to progress their career and bring new ideas to the business.
Skills & Experience
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate the following:
- Payroll Administration experience
- Managing the entry of Payroll information into HR systems (CIPHR) and payroll exception sheets for uploading to an external Payroll provider
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office packages with a minimum of Intermediate Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven stakeholder management
- The ability to work as part of a team, share information and best practice
- The ability to work accurately, with strong attention to detail
- The ability to prepare reports, interpret and present information
- The ability to work unsupervised and use initiative
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment working to tight deadlines and dealing with emotional situations
- Administer childcare voucher scheme – monthly changes (starter, leavers, changes) are amended in Payroll and checking of monthly invoices for payment
- Candidate with a CIPP Qualification are of particular interest