Operations Senior Manager (FS Assurance, 13 month Maternity Cover)
Information About This Job
|Job Title:||Operations Senior Manager (FS Assurance, 13 month Maternity Cover)|
|Salary:||£70,000 - £80,000|
|Contact Name:||Ben Kinley|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
We are working closely with one of the world's leading financial and professional services firms in hiring an Operations Manager - FS Assurance, for 13 months maternity cover at their London office.
About The Company
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, the firm uses it's financial products, expertise and systems to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, the firm aims to make their ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
About The Role
This role is a strategic leading who will partner with the business to understand and monitor business performance and the issues and challenges facing the Assurance, Audit practice. The primary focus will be leading the deployment of resources onto our audit clients in BCM, to ensure we are deploying high performing teams and delivering audit quality. There is a strong focus on talent development and providing the best experiences for our people. This also includes headcount and capacity management and providing stakeholders with the right insight and management information to make decisions. Strong financial acumen will enable the individual to understand, extrapolate key messages and make recommendations on financial performance including revenue performance, utilisation, headcount and rate.
This role will report directly into the Head of Resourcing for FS Assurance as well as the lead Partner for this area. They will work closely with a wide range of stakeholders including Partners, Directors and Senior Managers. They will also lead a team of Resourcing and operations professionals who support this area of the business, as well as provide wider coaching and counselling responsibilities.
Understanding the business
- Prepare the annual budgets with Finance including looking at phasing, wins/losses, headcount needed, rate etc.
- Act as a business adviser to leadership - monitoring performance against plan, identifying key issues and making recommendations for improvement where necessary
- Work as a key member of the BCM leadership team - attending leadership meetings -and preparing MI
- Contribute to the quarterly team meetings - making recommendations on agenda items and helping with management pack
- Maintain an overview of the utilisation of professional staff across the group, balancing the resourcing needs of the business with individual career goals
- Supervise the team to ensure all resource requests are met across the group and that resources are deployed effectively, pro-actively resolving areas of shortage or clashing requirements.
- Monitor and escalate availability of resources and work proactively with colleagues to ensure utilisation is maximised.
- Ensure that Audit Quality standards are met and provide monitoring and reporting to satisfy these requirements
- Liaise with the business, counsellors and HR to keep abreast of the development needs of all individuals in the group to ensure planning is aligned where appropriate
- Manage headcount and longer term recruitment needs / skills including promotions pipeline. Work with recruitment to ensure recruitment needs are met.
- Line manage team of 3 individuals
- Act as a coach to help develop the wider FS Assurance Resourcing and operations team.
- Perform counselling and performance management for individuals in the team.
- Demonstrate sound coaching techniques and experience to help develop junior team members across the team. This includes delivering difficult messages and also developing top talent.
Commercial Discipline and operational excellence
- Help the business to improve operational excellence matters through regular communication, best practice and training
- Work with the business to understand the relevant pricing controls and make sure that these are correctly enforced to try and improve engagement margin
Skills & Experience
- Professional and confident. Proactive in establishing senior networks and relationships.
- Ability to analyse data and articulate results in a clear manner to senior management and ability to challenge senior individuals within the business.
- Strong coaching and people management experience including delivering difficult messages.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Professional Services experience / experience of working in a matrix structure.
- Experience of resource management specifically around deployment of resources to demand, and forecasting demand vs supply
Ideally, you'll also have
- FS and BCM industry experience ideal.
What Company Offers in Return
The firm offers competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. The firm's comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with the firms flex benefits package you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
In addition to:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
The firm is committed to being an inclusive employer and happy to consider flexible working arrangements. The firm strives to achieve the right balance for it;s people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While the client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, the flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.