We are seeking a Marketing Manager to join our clients busy London based Marketing team.
About The Role
The marketing manager is responsible for assisting with the development of departmental marketing plans and for executing the group's overarching marketing strategy. The manager is responsible for a busy marketing team and a number of external providers, and for developing and maintaining productive and supportive working relations with the leaders of group operating units to help them achieve their sales objectives.
The marketing manager reports to the COO and will be invited to attend the group’s executive committee to report on marketing issues and initiatives.
The role carries central responsibility for ensuring that the market-facing aspects of the company present a clear, consistent and effective message about our brand, market position and services, and that marketing activities actively support the Group’s business plan.
The marketing team is London-based, but the manager has responsibility for our global marketing activities, and oversight of marketing staff in Washington and Hong Kong, as well as a London-based team.
- Oversight, management and coordination of the firm's marketing and sales efforts
- Assist in the development and maintenance of key client relationships, and penetration of key industry sectors
- Manage the marketing team’s workload, productivity, output and quality
- Conduct staff appraisals
- Maintain team discipline
Digital Marketing (30%)
- Manage the group’s digital marketing activities, including its website, webinars, social media, podcasts, video and email campaigns
- Develop marketing automation using Pardot to better effective with prospects and clients
- Manage and champion the firm's Salesforce CRM application
Branding & Profile (20%)
- Manage the production of marketing and branded publications (such as newsletters, web content, brochures, client lists, references, mailshots, templates, presentations and other ad-hoc publications) in line with the integrity of the group’s brand
- Identify and drive forward opportunities for new marketing initiatives and implement campaigns in support of new product and service launches
- Manage the firm;s PR activities and media policy, and coordinate all contact by the firm's staff with the media
Creative Agency Management (15%)
- Collaborate, as required, with external marketing consultants and creatives
- Manage the firm's public relations strategy and external PR consultants
Other Operational Responsibilities (20%)
- Manage all marketing events, including seminars, webinars, dinners and other client entertainment, and coordinating follow-up actions
- Provide support for marketing/sales trips, including target identification, arranging meetings and pursuing follow-up actions
- Work with regional office heads to best utilise regional marketing resources
- Management of the WIC (women in compliance) group
- Thorough understanding of our business sectors and services
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experienced user of relevant IT platforms, for example
- Pardot (or other marketing automation), Salesforce (or other CRM), Google Apps for Work and MailChimp
- Excellent desktop publishing skills
- Established relationships with creative agencies and experience in managing external relationships
- Strong people management skills
- Able to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and proven multitasking abilities
- Degree and CIM qualification or similar business qualification
- Deliver against the Group marketing strategy and plans
- Evidence the development and extension of core client relationships
- Evidence the progressive development of the Group’s brand recognition and market profile at a general level, and in its key marketplaces in particular
- Maintain and promote the Group’s reputation as a thoughtful, innovative, market-leading service provider in our sector using digital communications and conventional media
- Maintain appropriate marketing team
- Take on ad-hoc projects and duties as necessary.
- Flexible working hours (early mornings or late evenings) supporting Group Marketing events