About The Company
The client is a leading provider of arbitration and litigation finance solutions. Their work environment is that of a fast-paced and “always on” startup. Even as it has grown, the company has retained the culture of a small firm: Team members are creative, resourceful, fast-moving, confident people who do not need the infrastructure of a large company to succeed. With little administrative support, everyone is expected to roll up their sleeves to perform and engage collectively for the overall success of the business.
The company operates in a geographically dispersed fashion, with its senior team in multiple locations, and relies heavily on email and conference calls. Strong written communication skills are essential and a willingness to engage in substantive discussion by email is critical for fit and success.
About The Role
As the sole sales and marketing resource in London, the Marketing & Business Development Manager plays a vital role in the company's success and is an essential member of the larger global marketing team.
The Marketing & Business Development Manager will increase sales meetings for the litigation finance and judgment enforcement businesses, enhance alignment of sales goals both within London and with the global company, and generally enhance the company's marketing visibility among sales targets for the London and judgment enforcement teams.
- Acts as a primary point of contact for all UK and Judgement Enforcement sales efforts
- Works with MD and co-Directors to identify top targets and strategy for engaging
- Secures, schedules and tracks follow up to meetings
- Ensures all activity and contacts are accurately reflected in Salesforce, and leverages Salesforce to generate reports and lists to guide and prioritize sales efforts
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for cross-selling the UK/European core business and Judgment Enforcement business to the firm’s global clients/contacts
- Provides research as needed to proactively identify opportunities and to prepare MD and co-Directors for trips, conferences and meetings
- Coordinates internal BD meetings for UK/JE, and participates in global marketing meetings
Global Business Development Support
- Fulfills requests globally for PPT decks in advance of meetings
- Prepares collateral in advance of London and European meetings
- Working in collaboration with global marketing colleagues, ensures that London teams have access to needed collateral and marketing materials, and supports the local execution of all direct marketing initiatives
- Drives forward UK and JE contributions to PR efforts, blog, ghost writing and editing blog posts as needed
- Assists in identifying and evaluating events in the UK and Europe with the greatest ROI
- Coordinates the execution all firm events in the UK and for Judgment Enforcement with the VP, Marketing Operations, including client events, sponsored events, speaking engagements, hosted seminars and social events
- Ensures that MD and co-Directors participate in seminars and networking events, and attends as required
- Secures attendee lists and ensures that appropriate sales outreach is implemented and tracked
- 5 years of experience in marketing or sales
- University degree
- Commercially savvy with strong presence and social influencing skills
- Strong communicator (written and verbal)
- Strong planning skills with a systematic approach and attention to detail
- Curiosity and a willingness to develop and continue learning
- Can-do attitude, creativity and good problem-solving abilities
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Experience of Salesforce or similar CRM systems and document management systems
The company pays base salaries consistent with the financial services industry and favors incentive compensation to reward performance, through a combination of current bonuses and long term incentive awards, including those tied to their stock price performance.