About The Company
The company is a global risk consultancy specializing in helping organizations manage political, integrity and security risks. A medium-sized, rapidly growing company. Since inception in 1975, they have worked with more than 5,000 clients in over 135 countries worldwide. The company's renowned expertise, the breadth of services and the geographical reach of the organization enables the company to help it's clients meet challenges and realize new business opportunities across the world.
The company's risk analysis teams help clients to understand the threats to their long term strategies, manage lifecycle risks as they make new investments, monitor their global risk profile and respond to complex operational problems and crises. Analysts are unique in their expertise in and access to the complex markets in which our clients seek opportunity and growth.
About The Role
Responsible for helping to drive the dynamic growth of the political risk consulting business, working in particular with senior and strategic decision makers within company clients’ organizations. Success will be achieved through the sourcing, management and proliferation of longterm and impactful projects that support the core clients’ global strategies, manage strategic risks and support long-term value creation.
- Proactive engagement with strategic decision makers within the company’ key clients and the development of trusted adviser relationships
- Management of high-value projects as an internationally recognized expert in political risks
- Work within the company's global business leaders group to accelerate flows of international consulting work
- Support the execution of online strategy in the Americas
- Lead the company's differentiation in its competitive landscape
The position will be focused primarily on these activities in the US and Canada, although the Managing Director will be expected to handle matters across the Americas and globally and must have the ability to deploy across the Americas region to handle and oversee sensitive engagements.
The Managing Director will be expected to spend a notable part of his or her time developing client relationships across the US and Canada to generate opportunities for the political risk consulting business, as well as broader opportunities for the company
The Managing Director will provide input into strategy, planning, budgeting and development of products and services, in conjunction with our teams throughout the Americas and internationally. In addition, the Managing Director will have a senior project management role overseeing a broad range of risk consulting and analysis activities handled by senior and junior consultants in various locations in the Americas region and internationally
Knowledge / Experience
- Demonstrable expertise and experience in advising clients on key political, security, operational and economic risk issues.
- Expertise in global political and economic risk dynamics; broad multi-regional fluency.
- Ten years’ experience working in the professional services industry
- Proven experience in the design, management and delivery of complex high-value risk consulting projects.
- Project management skills and the understanding of how to manage complex engagements in challenging jurisdictions.
- The ability to grow a business, not simply service work that already exists.
- Significant experience developing new and existing client relationships.
- The ability to cross-sell and recognize opportunities for all of our consulting and online services.
- A willingness to travel.
- As part of a dynamic and flexible organization, a willingness to take on tasks that fall outside your core competence.
- Thorough understanding of the political, security and reputational risks our clients face in Latin America.
- Previous experiencing selling and servicing professional services.
- At least five years’ experience working in the political risk consulting sector or adjacent consulting sectors.
- Good understanding of the market for online and retained risk information services.
Skills / Qualifications
- Masters’ degree (or equivalent) in relevant discipline.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and authoritatively on tight deadlines, while interacting with colleagues and clients professionally in sometimes challenging situations.
- Professional experience of political risk or business risk analysis.
- Knowledge of the culture and commercial experience in North and Latin America.
- Fluency in English and Spanish language, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Demonstrates the professionalism and gravitas of a professional services business leader
- Shows an eagerness to seize opportunities
- Adapts well to changing demands and ambiguous situations
- Looks for opportunities to improve own performance
- Actively seeks input from appropriate stakeholders
- Seeks to deliver work of the highest quality
- Specific competencies
- Good analytical and investigative skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Methodical approach, strong project management skills