About The Company
The company is an established boutique corporate intelligence business. We are seeking an experienced Managing Director to lead the entire subsidiary. The role will report to the CEO of the company’s parent group.
We are headquartered in London and offer a wide range of political & security risk and business & strategic intelligence services. We have an extensive, multinational client base largely comprising blue chip companies.
The Managing Director will be responsible for the business’s profit and loss, developing existing services, designing and introducing new offerings, leading and expanding the team, managing strategic client relations and winning business.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader and problem-solver. He/she will be an established figure within the corporate risk arena and able to identify opportunities for growth as the market evolves. He/she will be capable of overseeing multiple, inter-dependent business lines, recruiting exceptional team members and maintaining a company culture that ensures key staff are retained.
The role requires an established network of contacts in major corporates, as well as an understanding of the source and supplier base. The successful candidate will also have the ability to generate a new entry point in prospective client companies. In particular, he/she will have:
- Team leadership experience in country geo-political analysis and business intelligence
- Extensive knowledge of the above sectors and well-developed personal network within it;
- Has held responsibility for profit and loss in a relevant market, with demonstrable experience of directing company strategy to deliver consistent growth;
- Designed and delivered subscription services and cultivated other forms of regular income;
- Developed and maintained high-level source networks;
- Built and led teams;
- Won major contracts in a relevant market.
- Understanding of adjacent markets, such as cyber intelligence or travel security;
- Experience of media commentary as a subject-matter expert.
- Commercial sales and business development experience