Our client, a leading independent professional services firm is looking to expand its Transaction Advisory Group with roles available in in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Atlanta, Boston, Nashville and Houston.
About The Company
Our client is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. With more than 2,400 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
About The Role
The Transaction Advisory Group (“TAG”) is comprised of former Big 4 CPAs who provide private equity and corporate clients buy side and sell side financial accounting due diligence. TAG professionals actively engage in assessing a target’s quality of earnings, analyzing cash flows, reviewing working capital, identifying key business drivers, reviewing forecasts, and conducting comprehensive discussions with management and their advisors. TAG professionals routinely team with the firm’s operational, tax, commercial, and information technology professionals to deliver a truly integrated solution to clients
- Assist with core financial due diligence, helping to identify key risks and potential deal breakers, assess the strengths and weaknesses of the business against industry benchmarks, and assist with the evaluation of the potential transaction in the context of their clients’ investment strategy.
- Analyze detailed financial statement information including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and key operational data. Synthesize and convert the data into meaningful information that is used to drive discussions with target management and drive observations and conclusions.
- Assess the quality of the target company's reported earnings, net assets and cash flows.
- After an investigative analysis, assist in the construction of deal-oriented reports and presentations for clients that highlight the key financial, commercial and other findings facing investments and the drivers behind maintainable profits and cash flows. Assist the team in further articulating how such findings should be incorporated into the client's valuation and sale / purchase agreement, and provide other negotiating points.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with target company management and with client personnel, and the will serve as a secondary point of contact for client personnel with respect to day-to-day execution matters. Between transactions, assist with building/maintaining client relationships.
- Act as a counselor/mentor for Associates and Senior Associates
- Displays the ability to manage and prioritize team responsibilities and proactively consults with Managing Directors and senior members of the team as appropriate
- Maintains and updates, as appropriate, the budget and fee analysis
- Manages multiple chargeable and non-chargeable projects of varying size and complexity
- Possesses the ability to review and critique project databooks prepared by team members
- Possesses appropriate report writing skills in order to write full due diligence report
- Acts as lead on Quality of Earnings, P&L and Working Capital analysis
- Regularly communicates with client as to engagement issues (e.g., billing, status updates, scope changes) including preparation of scope of procedures, request lists, etc.
- Effectively manages day-to-day client interaction and relationships
- Develops and proposes creative solutions to engagement and transaction risks and effectively manages problem resolution
- Consistently displays leadership capabilities
- Activity recruits, trains, and develops Associates and Senior Associates, including teaching training classes as applicable
- Gathers applicable conflict check information and coordinates with Managing Directors to set up engagement codes and other engagement requirements
- Assists Managing Directors and Senior Director in sales efforts
- Bachelor's or master's degree in accounting and/or related major
- CPA certification
- Big Four experience preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel
- The ideal candidate for the Manager position will have at least 5-7 years of audit and/or financial accounting due diligence experience at a Big Four accounting firm
- The successful candidate will be ranked a Top Performer in his or her peer group and furthermore, driven to success, a self-starter, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. The individual will be insightful, decisive, a critical thinker, and commercial. Further, the individual will be able to work well on teams however will develop the knowledge and maturity to work with our clients independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to articulate to senior members of target management, client representatives and colleagues
- Highly analytical mind-set
- Strong project management skills
- Deep accounting skills including a working knowledge of US GAAP
- Team-oriented personality
- Professional in style and demeanor/exercises good judgment
- Motivated and effective in a fast-paced culture