About The Company
The company leads independently owned providers of investment management, accountancy, tax, corporate and financial advisory services to private clients, corporates, professional practices, and non-profit organisations. With 13 offices in the UK and Ireland, 1,600 people and an international capability in over 100 countries, the comapny aim is to provide an innovative global service.
From the London office the client provides the full range of services: business advisory services, banking, corporate finance, corporate recovery, corporate tax, forensic services and litigation support, investment management, pensions and financial planning and advice on personal tax and trusts.
With a distinctive range of expertise and extensive links to the legal profession, the company provide forensic services across numerous disciplines for both corporate and private clients. The partners are acknowledged leaders in their own fields and combine this expertise with an understanding of the legal process and experience of acting as Expert Witnesses.
The team offers forensic accounting and forensic technology services on a wide range of contentious matters including dispute resolution, fraud and bribery investigations, personal injury and insurance claims, both in the UK and internationally.
About The Role
To work as a senior member of the Forensic Technology team in the collection, processing, hosting and management of IT investigation and e-disclosure cases with the ability to work independently and accurately. To manage a network of physical and virtual servers for use in the firm’s e-disclosure and forensic technology space. To undertake various forensic technology and e-disclosure assignments as assigned by the Partner/Manager, as well as undertaking general tasks and client work for the wider department.
- E-disclosure and IT investigations
- Collection of data from client sources using standard imaging tools
- Investigation of computers and mobile devices
- Production of reports for court
- Processing of data to e-disclosure platform, and management of the disclosure process
- Client liaison and assistance
- Initial review of forensic technology cases – fraud investigations
- Preparation of reports and calculations.
- On and off-site imaging of large and complex systems using methods of accepted practice and applying in-depth knowledge of relevant forensic computing procedures, including Windows and Linux acquisition tools
- Using advanced knowledge of tools, such as Access Data’s Forensic Toolkit and EnCase from Guidance Software, to investigate and report on issues and events connected with the systems under investigation
- Preparing and selectively culling data in connection with electronic disclosure procedures and the subsequent review of that data
- Ensuring that all work is completed within established time constraints and to the highest quality and accuracy.
- Liaison with clients and other necessary organisation.
- Possible attendance at conferences, marketing events, seminars and lunches including relevant networking
- Decision Making Authority/Mandates/Constraints
- Deciding approach on each case in conjunction with the Senior Manager.
- Reach conclusions on cases in conjunction with the Senior Manager.
- Analytical thinking: to be able to review information, plan an approach and see any potential problems which may arise.
- Judgement: to be able to reach a conclusion on the information available.
- Planning and Organising: to be able to prioritise effectively and ensure that deadlines and timetables are met.Written Communication: to be able to communicate effectively with solicitors & clients in both general correspondence and in reports.
- Teamwork: to be able to work effectively in a team in order that deadlines are meet and so the work is allocated in accordance with an individual’s skills and knowledge.
Education / Qualifications
- Completion of FTK or Encase courses, at least to Intermediate standard
Key Experience & Skills
- Advanced Forensic Technology investigations
- Experience in e-disclosure solutions, including data processing, hosting and delivery of client requests
- Excellent technical skills backed by extensive experience in the field of computer systems administration, including an in-depth knowledge of Windows XP, Server 2003, SQL and Linux varieties, Virtualization, Firewalls, Network switches and system configuration
- Outstanding attention to detail and clarity of thought.
- Ability to develop detailed work plans and manage multiple projects under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise work load
- Ability to communicate with clients
- Ability to recognise and analyse the issues in a case and plan a practical approach