About The Role
Cyber Security is one of the most important risks facing businesses today. Systems and processes are becoming increasingly interconnected and automated and many organizations are now reliant upon technology to drive business strategy and growth. As the reliance on technology grows, the risks increase also. For leading companies across all sectors, Cybersecurity is now a critical board agenda item. Our clients are overwhelmingly turning to the firm for help and guidance on how to protect their assets, minimise business disruption and improve security as they continue to exploit technology and the Internet of things (IoT).
That’s why we have ambitious plans to expand our already market leading Cybersecurity practice. With investment secured, we continue to build our UK based cyber practice and anticipate continued growth throughout the next five years. We need excellent people, across all grades, to join us and to be part of our exciting growth strategy.
Being part of a dynamic, growing organisation offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. The firm's UK Cyber Practice is part of a global cyber team of over 1000 professions focused on delivering leading edge information security assessment, security transformation programmes, cyber threat management, identity and access management, data protection and privacy, and resilience services. We are part of a wider advisory organisation that collectively comprise a $4 billion and growing, global advisory practice with 18,000 professionals. With an overall global Advisory market of $150 billion, there’s tremendous potential for growth – and we’re prepared to tap into that potential.
To be a Manager in our UK Cybersecurity practice you will already be working as a security practitioner. You will lead cyber security assessments and manage teams to deliver security programmes, often with limited supervision. You will already have some experience of market facing business development activity and will be expected to identify opportunities, escalating these to senior management and will assist with winning work. Highly motivated, a good communicator you will need to convey technical content in business language with senior management. You’ll also need to be a team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career, but recognises the value in developing others and strengthening the team. You will have responsibility for;
- Leading a portfolio of cyber engagements with our clients, reporting to a Senior Manager or Director, responsible for the day to day running of the engagements and the quality of the teams output
- Managing and creating reports and via review ensuring the highest quality deliverables prior to Senior Manager’s / Director’s review.
- Contributing to developing the market for Cyber Security services across all sectors and identify sales opportunities and escalating these to senior management
- Establishing client relationships with senior stakeholders across the FTSE 350 market
- Working with prospective clients to agree, scope and plan the delivery phase of engagements
- Contributing to the creation of proposals and marketing material
- Managing engagements to time and budget
- Contributing to the development of the existing cyber risk team acting as mentor and coach to the junior members of the team and leading by example
Skills & Experience
Experience in information and cyber security is essential for this role. A Big 4 background or comparable consulting experience is advantageous, although some of our strongest performers come directly from industry therefore candidates with excellent industry experience and demonstrable success managing transformation workstreams and proven experience of conducting cyber discussions at senior management are also encouraged to apply.
A broad backgroundacross security is expected with specific experience in 1 or more of the following areas essential;
- Security strategy, assessment, designing and implementing security strategy, governance frameworks over processes, controls, organisation and infrastructure to management cyber security
- Security transformation programmes – design and management of security solution implementations and / or remediation programmes to address risks across AV, patching, secure build, vulnerability scanning & remediation, logging and monitoring, segregation, threat management, user awareness
- Identity and access management (IDAM), assessing current IDAM practices and designing solutions to improve JML processes, privileged access and recertification programmes.
- Breach and incident management, design and implementation of breach and major incident management practices
- Security policies and procedures, design and implementation of security policies, procedures, standards and controls in line with regulation and/or current standards, ISO27001, NIST, SANS etc.
- Data privacy, implementation of data protection / GDPR programmes to address confidentiality and security over customer, employee or patient data.
- Resilience, design and implementation of programmes to improve IT Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity
- Cyber awareness programmes, design and delivery of cyber security awareness programmes to executive level or wider organisation
- Security over operational technology and control systems (SCADA)
- Security architecture – creating secure architecture designs for solutions, designing secure patterns for reuse and the delivery of architectural reviews using TOGAF or SABA.
- Strong academic record, to degree level or equivalent industry experience
- Security relation qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISMP, ISO27001 lead implementer or auditor, MBCI, IAPP(desirable)
- Project and programme related qualifications; Prince II, Scrum, Agile