An integrated research team within the London office of one of the most prestigious and oldest global hedge funds, seeks experienced research professionals with a creative and proactive approach, to help maximise opportunity, mitigate risk and problem-solve around the investment process.
The research team works closely with investment professionals at all levels of seniority, conducting trade-related research into companies and industries and related politics across all investment strategies, sectors and markets within EMEA.
- Using extensive desk top research resources, complimented by the generation of deal related intelligence utilising existing networks, building contacts and identifying and retaining specialist industry consultants across all sectors.
- Management of the research process throughout the life of an investment, including advising on legal, geopolitical, macro and regulatory related matters.
- Project management, involving building internal teams across offices and at all levels, managing external consultants and lawyers and daily liaison with portfolio managers. Presenting research in both verbal and written briefs.
- Thorough examination of qualitative research including reputational checks and general business intelligence in the assessment of operational/financial/regulatory risk, corporate governance and the identification of contingent liabilities.
- Liaising with the Compliance and Legal teams and implementing FCPA, UKBA and market abuse rules that govern engaging with external information sources and delivering research findings.
- Liaising with and supporting Research teams in the fund’s Hong Kong and New York offices, as well as internal Communications and Government Affairs teams.
These function are applied to the identification of investment opportunity; pre-transaction due diligence of public/private entities, sectors and markets; the strategic analysis of investments (particularly in private equity and shareholder activism situations); deal flow intelligence to inform the development of investment strategy, political and reputational risk management and litigation support.
The ideal candidate will be degree educated with good communications skills, innate curiosity and a creative approach to research. Ideally around two years’ experience in business / financial research, touching on the issues and tasks cited above. A natural team player with a real desire to learn, the candidate needs to be collaborative, willing to support more senior team members and respond positively to instruction from the team and from investment professionals.
Company benefits include private health and dental care, pension contributions, life insurance, gym membership, lunch allowance, access to training / courses & annual ski weekend.