A top asset management firm in London is seeking to appoint an Investment Risk Consultant.
For more than a century, the company has worked hard building a legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a US based bank founded in 1889, they now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. The firm serves the world’s most sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
The firm burnished its reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, they have continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
About The Role
The firm began offering performance measurement and analytical services in 1977, and we were the first custodian bank to offer a comprehensive performance product capable of integrating US and non-US assets. Today, we provide services worldwide to more than 550 institutional clients (25,000 portfolios) and 1,800 investment managers, accounting for more than US$3 Trillion in assets under measurement. Within the EMEA region, we provide performance, risk and compliance monitoring services to 179 clients covering Plan Sponsors, Charitable and Government Organisations, Wealth clients and Investment Managers. Currently, the department has approximately 60 partners.
This position is to act as an Investment Risk Consultant covering a “hybrid” client base made up of asset owners (pension funds and sovereign entities) who manage some or all of their assets they are responsible for in-house sophisticated asset owners and asset manager clients, including derivative heavy hedge fund investors, taking daily investment risk services. The consultant will support the daily online risk reporting process for asset managers and prepare monthly ex-ante risk reports for pension schemes.
The role is highly consultative in nature and the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate strong communication skills and a high level of technical knowledge. The role requires competent client servicing skills and will require frequent presentation of the client risk reports, associated analytical framework, an element of cross sell of the firm's analytical tools where appropriate and the ability to report back potential product enhancements. The applicant must be willing to visit clients across the EMEA region.
The role will also entail a project element, working closely with the risk and compliance product team and systems partners to help improve the risk and compliance product offering.
- To support the provision of market risk analytics via an online portal for asset manager and sophisticated asset owner clients.
- Act as a point of contact for assigned risk clients to support the delivery of timely risk analytics and help interpret results.
- Contribute to project streams enhancing market, credit and liquidity risk reporting and work with Product / Systems to improve risk processes.
- Prepare risk documentation to support partner and client education.
- Escalate any issues related to potential late communication, client issues, production problems etc and take responsibility for fault resolution.
- Track all action/issues related to the Risk system and work with the relevant partners in Chicago / Bangalore to resolve issues and escalate as needed.
- Support the sales/ marketing effort to attract new clients to the risk reporting platform.
Skills / Experience
- Strong Analytical skills & highly numerate.
- Scientific / Numerical degree preferred.
- Must have previous Investment risk experience, preferably leveraging market leading risk analytics provider (MSCI BarraOne, Riskmetrics, Measurisk, Algorithmics, etc)
- Good working knowledge of asset owner and asset manager regulatory regimes and how they impact risk analytics (UCITS IV, Solvency II, FRS 107)
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines.
- Flexible approach / Good team player.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong consulting, problem definition and solution delivery experience.
- Proven client relationship experience.
- Good knowledge of financial markets, investment instruments and portfolio management.
- Broad knowledge of performance methodology, including Equity and Fixed Income attribution, preferred.
- Works well under pressure, self-motivated and pro-active problem solver