About The The Company
Established in 1934, the client is a leading independent global asset management firm.
The company provides its institutional, retail and high net-worth clients with access to skilled investment professionals representing a broad range of asset classes, including equities, fixed income, property and private capital.
Based in London, the company is one of Europe’s largest investment managers, with around £100billion assets under management (as at September 2016) and employs around 1,000 people worldwide’.
About The Role
The Investment Analytics Manager will work closely with the Head of Investment Analytics and assist in a number regular responsibilities as well as Ad hoc projects and analysis.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- The manager will be involved in the collation and analysis of Investment Data (exposures, performance, risk). He will be supported by an associate within the team but some hand-on work is to be expected.
- Support the Head of Investment Analytics in running with the relevant committee, including in the follow on analytical work resulting from these committee.
- Work with the Head of Investment Analytics in developing a trading analysis framework including some work on behavioral finance
- Working on a number of Ad hoc projects and pieces of work
- Learn a wide range of investment styles, how fund managers manage portfolios and what drives performance
- The manager is expected to represent the Head of Investment Analytics in the investment risk meetings, supporting the Head of investment Analytics in reporting to the Front Office Governance and Risk Committee
Skills & Qualifications
- Project Management skills: demonstrated medium scale project management experience
- General IT skills:
- Excel Advanced,
- General MS office knowledge (Powerpoint, Word)
- Cross MS office application automation highly desirable
- Database: knowledge of database creation and management to a low/medium level
- Programming Language:
- VBA advanced level
- R and/or Python knowledge would be highly desirable
- Any other programming language knowledge would be useful in that it shows interest.
- Diploma / Certification: CFA holder preferred and/or other quant / finance / risk certification of interest (CQF, PRMIA, FRM, etc). Ideally from an Economics or Statistical / Mathematics background.
- Strong interest in Global Markets and investing
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Team Player
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Adaptable with ability to propose change and take on new challenges
- Able to develop relationships with fund managers and other stakeholders internally and externally