We are recruiting for a Middle East intelligence analyst in the company's Intelligence & Analysis practice
About The Company
The company delivers global intelligence, investigations and security consultancy services. They are intelligence advisors to many of the the world's leading businesses.
The company's busy Intelligence & Analysis (I&A) practice is seeking a talented, dynamic, highly-motivated and team-oriented intelligence analyst.
Reporting to the Head of Intelligence & Analysis, the intelligence analyst will primarily cover security intelligence and political risk analysis and assessments for the Middle East.
The role also entails working on other regions, as well as varying thematic assessments, project work and tasks in support of business operations.
About The Role
This is an exceptional opportunity for an entry level or junior analyst with an exemplary academic record who has acquired a minimum one or two years professional experience and is looking to pursue a career a leading global risk consultancy.
The role of an intelligence analyst at Risk Advisory is multifaceted and dynamic. The company's analysts help clients identify and understand political risks and security threats to their businesses through timely and high quality intelligence, analysis and assessments.
The role includes working on the Security intelligence & Analysis Service, bespoke political and security risk assessments, terrorism tracker database, newsletters, and other products and services.
- Production of high quality political risk and security threat assessments in written reports and articles to tight deadlines
- Writing in English to a high professional standard
- Delivery of briefings and presentations to high-level audiences
- Analysis of intelligence and data
- Peer review and editing
- Desk-based open-source research and monitoring in English, Arabic and other relevant regional languages
- Human source cultivation and development in English, Arabic and other relevant regional languages
- Comment to the media on relevant issues
- Supervision of junior researchers and sub-contractors
- Client relationship management
- Business administration and operational tasks in support of the running of the Intelligence & Analysis department
- A minimum upper second class undergraduate degree plus a postgraduate degree in a relevant subject or a first class undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- Relevant subjects include international relations, international security and intelligence studies, politics and political science, war, terrorism or conflict studies, modern or contemporary history, regional studies.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of one year’s professional experience in commercial research and analysis, and writing on political and security issues
- Exceptionally strong research and reasoning skills, and a methodical and meticulous approach to work
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic is essential
- Proven experience researching analysing and writing security and political issues on the Middle East
- Exceptional written English skills and the ability to write a professional standard with flair
- Proven experience in research and knowledge of databases
- An ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to process large volumes of information quickly to produce cogent and astute expert analysis, and to stay abreast of concurrent multiple topics.
- Experience of living, working or studying in the region
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with colleagues, sources and clients
- Non-essential but advantageous attributes
- A background in quantitative research and statistical analysis, especially in a social science context.
- Turkish, Farsi, Kurdish and Hebrew language skills
- Relevant international contact networks
We are seeking an enthusiastic candidate with a strong ethos of hard work, commitment to teamwork, passion for the subject matter, excellence for clients, rigour, integrity, sharp intellect and professionalism.
He or she must be comfortable identifying and communicating with human sources and exploiting social media, mapping, databases and other technology. He or she must also be prepared to deal with the more challenging material and subject matter that professional security research entails.
The role entails producing high quality written work in plain and engaging English. The company is seeking analysts that are able to articulate original thought based on sound research.
The company's Intelligence & Analysis department is a busy and exciting working environment. Successful analysts manage deadlines, work well under pressure and deliver high quality work on a consistent basis.
We are seeking well rounded, mature team players who are willing to help others, respond to feedback, be committed to and contribute to the success of their colleagues and the business.