The firm delivers global intelligence, investigations and security consultancy services. They are intelligence advisors to many of the the world's leading businesses.
The busy Intelligence & Analysis (I&A) practice is seeking a talented, dynamic, highly-motivated and team-oriented intelligence analyst.
Reporting to the Head of Intelligence & Analysis, the intelligence analyst will primarily cover security intelligence and political risk analysis and assessments for Eurasia.
The role also entails working on other regions, as well as varying thematic assessments, project work and tasks in support of business operations.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an entry level or junior analyst with an exemplary academic record who has acquired a minimum one or two years professional experience and is looking to pursue a career a leading global risk consultancy.
About The Role
The role of an intelligence analyst is multifaceted and dynamic. The analysts help clients identify and understand political risks and security threats to their businesses through timely and high quality intelligence, analysis and assessments.
The role includes working on Security intelligence & Analysis Service, bespoke political and security risk assessments, Terrorism Tracker database, newsletters, and other products and services.
- Production of high quality political risk and security threat assessments in written reports and articles to tight deadlines
- Writing in English to a high professional standard
- Delivery of briefings and presentations to high-level audiences
- Analysis of intelligence and data
- Peer review and editing
- Desk-based open-source research and monitoring in English, Russian and any other relevant regional languages
- Human source cultivation and development in English, Russian and any other relevant regional languages
- Comment to the media on relevant issues
- Supervision of junior researchers and sub-contractors
- Client relationship management
- Business administration and operational tasks in support of the running of the Intelligence & Analysis department
- A minimum upper second class undergraduate degree plus a postgraduate degree in a relevant subject
- or a first class undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- Relevant subjects include international relations, international security and intelligence studies, politics and political science, war, terrorism or conflict studies, modern or contemporary history, regional studies.
Skiils & Experiance
- A minimum of one year’s professional experience in commercial research and analysis, and writing on political and security issues
- Exceptionally strong research and reasoning skills, and a methodical and meticulous approach to work
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Russian is essential
- Proven experience researching analysing and writing security and political issues on Eurasia
- Exceptional written English skills and the ability to write a professional standard with flair
- Proven experience in research and knowledge of databases
- An ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to process large volumes of information quickly to produce cogent and astute expert analysis, and to stay abreast of concurrent multiple topics.
- Experience of living, working or studying in the region
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with colleagues, sources and clients
- A background in quantitative research, especially in a social science context, is advantageous. Candidates with relevant international contact networks will also be at an advantage.
Ther firm is seeking an enthusiastic candidate with a strong ethos of hard work, commitment to teamwork, passion for the subject matter, excellence for clients, rigour, integrity, sharp intellect and professionalism.
He or she must be comfortable identifying and communicating with human sources and exploiting social media, mapping, databases and other technology. He or she must also be prepared to deal with the more challenging material and subject matter that professional security research entails.
The role entails producing high quality written work in plain and engaging English. They are seeking analysts that are able to articulate original thought based on sound research.
Our Intelligence & Analysis department is a busy and exciting working environment. Successful analysts manage deadlines, work well under pressure and deliver high quality work on a consistent basis.
The firm seeks well rounded, mature team players who are willing to help others, respond to feedback, be committed to and contribute to the success of their colleagues and the business.
The company's selection process entails multiple interviews and at least one day of written tests. We normally advise applicants to anticipate a recruitment and selection period of between 1-2 months.
All employees are subject to background screening. Any offer of employment made by the company is subject to successfully passing background checks.