We are searching for an experienced Infrastructure & Governance Manager to join a world leading professional services firm.
About The Company
The client is a top-tier professional services firms. Operating from over 150 countries, the firm helps clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. They aim to help measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most.
About The Role
The Infrastructure & Government Corporate Finance Team in Edinburgh works with organisations across Scotland, the UK and internationally to understand, advise on and solve the complexities involved in both funding and financing major infrastructure investments and delivering public services. The firm’s clients sit on both sides of the public/private interface where they help them deliver market leading innovation in the provision of major infrastructure assets and public services.
As a result of the teams’ current activity levels and the confirmed pipeline over the next 18 months, They are now seeking to recruit a new Manager to join the team.
The role provides an exceptional opportunity to move into a successful and growing Corporate Finance business. You will be given the opportunity to work as part of a national team, and will receive skills-based, industry specific training from subject matter experts.
You will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects across a range of public and private business sectors, and should expect to be involved in the following types of work:
- Managing client relationships and projects
- Undertaking financial and commercial analysis to provide advice to clients including:
- Financial and commercial bid preparation and evaluation
- Risk transfer and payment structures of projects
- Financial modelling
- Project option appraisal
- Procurement advice and support
- Project due diligence and feasibility analysis
- Business case development
- Undertaking contract negotiations with, and on behalf of, clients
- Involvement in business development initiatives, including identification of new opportunities, producing content for proposals and undertaking research into clients, projects, products and industries.
- Developing and maintaining internal and external networks
Skills & Experience
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to think laterally
- Ability to grasp complex commercial issues quickly
- Commercial curiosity and an appetite to learn
- Excellent client-facing communication skills and history of significant client exposure (internal within your organisation or external)
- High ambition coupled with the ability to deliver and to work effectively in teams
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to also see the big picture
- Good commercial judgement and independence of mind
- High level of MS Office proficiency and particularly MS Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
- Ability to work accurately under time pressure and manage multiple commitments
- Willingness to participate in marketing and business development
- Experience within a government, project finance or commercial finance role
- Financial modelling and/or project finance experience would be desirable, but not essential
This role is an exceptional opportunity to move into a financial and commercial advisory role and to gain immediate exposure to transactional activity with a highly regarded team.