This is a one year Fixed Term Contract or One-Year Secondment opportunity, based in the heart of London's financial district at Canary Wharf.
About The Company
Maintaining our reputation as a leading worldwide professional service organisation requires a highly skilled, knowledgeable, energetic team to manage our internal business functions. As a part of this diverse and talented group of individuals, you’ll play a vital role in the company's success.
About The Role
You will work within the FS HR Business Partner team, partnering a Service Line across the UK, ensuring that the best people solutions are delivered to meet the strategic imperatives of the business. You will provide commercial people-related advice and guidance to leadership and management.
You will work closely with one or more parts of the Financial Services (FS) UK business to ensure that the day to day HR/People agenda is effectively delivered and managed. You will ensure that all necessary people management and development activity required to support the business is delivered in the most professional and effective manner.
You will anticipate issues and needs within the Service Line (SL) and address these effectively providing a first class client service to management. This will include evaluating requests and initiatives from the SL before deciding an appropriate response. You will deliver the best fit people solutions by ensuring the highest quality and best value results for their service lines.
You will work closely with the people leads and at times, individuals from the business leadership team to assist them with the development of a relevant people agenda, always in line with the overall FSO UK and Europe Middle East India & Africa (EMEIA) FS people strategy and initiatives. Building and maintaining influential relationships with business leaders and managers working closely with them will be key to co-develop solutions to meet their business needs.
A major part of this role will be to provide insight around people issues, and give a challenging, robust point of view on business decisions and their impact upon people. You will challenge and influences the business to ensure the most appropriate course of action. To achieve this you will need to proactively manage, oversee and input to the key people processes for their business area (e.g. performance management, salary review).
- Strong HR technical skills that have been honed and proven through practical application.
- Ability to cope with a role that involves the transactional and operational as well as bigger picture thinking.
- Commercial and pragmatic approach balanced with a high degree of sensitivity and discretion.
- Ability to be resilient, practical and a self-starter, comfortable with working on own and with teams.
- Essential: Possesses leading edge knowledge of contemporary HR practices.
- CIPD qualified. A post graduate qualification in a Business or Human Relations discipline is desirable.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of working within a fast paced environment where quality delivery and client service is key.