About The Role
Asia Pacific Head of Due Diligence (DD) manages the DD team within Corporate Security & Investigations team. The DD team conducts comprehensive and discreet due diligence investigations to identify and assess business and reputational risk issues involving potential clients, partners and external vendors.
The DD team works closely with the Business Units, Client On-Boarding teams, Financial Crimes Group, Environmental Risk Officers etc. in the region and globally.
- Work under the guidance of the AP CSI head to deliver an effective DD program for the firm.
- Manage the regional due diligence team of over 20 members across Asia Pacific.
- Overall responsible for case management and adherence to client SLAs.
- Be the key point of contact in the due diligence team
- Review regional due diligence reports prepared by the team.
- Conduct review of information and sources for accuracy, reliability and relevance in assessing risk.
- Work closely with Business Risk Officers, Financial Crimes Group officers and other Firm committees when a material due diligence finding has been identified.
- Provide updates as required to AP CSI head, senior management, global counterparts and Chief Operating Officers of Business Units within the Firm.
- Manage, develop and implement regional policies and procedures, to ensure that the DD program is effective and compliant.
- Manage, develop and maintain a robust due diligence vendor pool to ensure that the firm get the most comprehensive and relevant DD product at the most competitive price.
- Continually enhance all aspects of the process to keep pace with the needs of the firm and the changes in the regulatory landscape.
- Represent the function in all internal external audit/review/testing engagements.
- Develop training materials related to due diligence process.
Skills & Qualifications
- Around of 15 years of work experience, 10 of which should be in core Due Diligence in Asia with at least 5 years covering PRC and greater China region.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leadership roles managing multi-national teams.
- Excellent people and communication skills in a culturally diversified environment.
- Proficient in English and Chinese language skills.
- Proven track record of managing complex cases using source commentaries and field investigations.
- Hands on experience in desktop information retrieval and knowledge of on-line databases and data mining tools.
- Strong investigation and report writing /reviewing skills.
- Ability to build and comply to processes with a keen eye for details.
- Ability to deal with and articulately brief senior management on cases.
- Experience of managing DD vendors / sub-contractors.
- Good understanding of the current and developing business and political affairs within the Asia Pacific region.
- Good knowledge of regulatory frameworks related to AML/Sanctions/Anti-Corruption in the banking industry.
- Passionate about DD and having the ability to excel in a challenging environment.
- Graduate from an internationally reputed university.
- Certification in Anti Money Laundering and Fraud Examination will be desirable.