About The Company
The company leads independently owned providers of investment management, accountancy, tax, corporate and financial advisory services to private clients, corporates, professional practices, and non-profit organisations. With 13 offices in the UK and Ireland, 1,600 people and an international capability in over 100 countries, the comapny aim is to provide an innovative global service.
From the London office the client provides the full range of services: business advisory services, banking, corporate finance, corporate recovery, corporate tax, forensic services and litigation support, investment management, pensions and financial planning and advice on personal tax and trusts.
With a distinctive range of expertise and extensive links to the legal profession, the company provide forensic services across numerous disciplines for both corporate and private clients. The partners are acknowledged leaders in their own fields and combine this expertise with an understanding of the legal process and experience of acting as Expert Witnesses.
The team offers forensic accounting and forensic technology services on a wide range of contentious matters including dispute resolution, fraud and bribery investigations, personal injury and insurance claims, both in the UK and internationally.
About The Role
To work on various forensic assignments as assigned by the Partner/Manager, as well as undertaking general tasks and client work for the wider department.
- Initial review of commercial dispute cases – fraud investigations
- Preparation of reports and calculations.
- Liaising with solicitors re agreeing instructions, disclosures & updating instructing solicitors in conjunction with Manager.
- Liaison with clients and other necessary organisation.
- Review of reports and calculations.
- Assist more junior team members
Decision Making Authority/Mandates/Constraints
- Deciding approach on each case in conjunction with the Manager.
- Reach conclusions on cases in conjunction with the Manager.
Development of Role
- Within 18 months: Assist with larger assignments, undertaking training of new joiners.
- Within 3 years: Taking on responsibility for larger assignments, networking at BD events.
- Analytical thinking: to be able to review information, plan an approach and see any potential problems which may arise.
- Judgement: to be able to reach a conclusion on the information available.
- Planning and Organising: to be able to prioritise effectively and ensure that deadlines and timetables are met.
- Written Communication: to be able to communicate effectively with solicitors & clients in both general correspondence and in reports.
- Teamwork: to be able to work effectively in a team in order that deadlines are meet and so the work is allocated in accordance with an individual’s skills and knowledge.
Education / Qualifications
- ACA/ACCA qualified (desirable)
- Key Skills & Experience
- Forensic Experience ideal but not essential
- Report writing skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise work load.
- Ability to communicate with clients
- Ability to recognise and analyse the issues in a case and plan a practical approach
- Attention to detail and clarity of thought.
- Networking/BD skills