Our client is seeking a qualified Executive to join their Forensic Accounting and Complex Business Litigation practice in their London office.
About The Company
The company is an international independent dispute-consulting firm providing specialised services in Complex Business Litigation & Consulting, Forensic Accounting, Forensic Technology, Intellectual Property, and Fraud, Waste & Corruption matters.
Our Forensic Accounting and Dispute Litigation practice provides financial analysis and investigative services to lawyers, companies and individuals. They have experienced, chartered and certified public accountants, former auditors and investigators, many of whom have joined the firm from the global accounting firms, consulting firms, companies or government agencies.
Our London office is focused on expert witness work for civil disputes, both UK litigation and International Arbitration in a number of jurisdictions and forums. The team also gets involved in cross-border projects with the firm's US offices. Staff from all offices work with each other remotely or in person, according to the requirements of assignments. From time to time staff may be expected to work in another office or other client location for the duration of an assignment.
About The Role
In this role you will be responsible for financial and document analysis and supporting an experienced team in delivering services in the complex financial disputes arena. You will add value to the team by having previous experience in a professional services firm on both audit and forensic engagements. You should have an audit background, strong analytical and Excel skills and excellent attention to detail. This position requires you to be a person with strong interpersonal, team, communication and technical skills.
- Forensic accounting, financial analysis and expert witness services projects relating to expert reports in litigation and arbitration matters to include, but not be limited to, quantification of losses, accounting disputes, share valuation and fraud analyses
- Understand and incorporate client needs and objectives into work plans and work product
- Ability to gather, organise, understand, analyse and summarise supporting documentation
- Read, understand and interpret financial statements and records
- Compile and analyse facts and circumstances to formulate, substantiate and critique various damages theories, claims or conclusions
- Understand, develop and utilise financial analyses and models, organising detailed and potentially complex information into clear and concise analyses
- Develop and communicate work product, both orally and in writing internally and on occasions to clients
- Preparation of tables, exhibits and charts for reports
- Perform detailed review of all relevant workings for quality control purposes
- Assist with engagement management administration, including budgeting, billing and conflict checksDevelop and maintain client relationships and relationships within the team
- Good class degreeQualified Chartered Accountant (ACA or ACCA) – preferably first-time passes
- A minimum of three years of audit/assurance experience, preferably at a "Big 4" or highly reputed mid-tier professional services firm
- One+ year of experience in providing forensic accounting services
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent prioritisation skills
- Strong data analysis and manipulations skills with superior knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel (logic statements, vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)Commitment to exemplary client service and deadline delivery
- Must be flexible with work schedule and travel requirements of client service projects including international assignments
Additional Information / Skills
- Foreign language capabilities are a plus (Mandarin, Japanese, Spanish, Russian and others)