Lawson Chase are working closely with a rapidly expanding Accountancy firm in Surrey, to recruit a Forensic Executive to join their busy Forensics team.
About The Role
The firm's forensics team requires an Executive to provide support in working on a variety of cases. The role will encompass expert witness and advisory work on commercial disputes and fraud investigations to matrimonial and personal injury cases.
The ideal candidate will be ACA or ACCA exam-qualified although strong candidates nearing completion of their studies and newly qualified accountants may also be considered. Previous corporate finance or forensic accounting experience is beneficial but not essential. The candidate should show an understanding of forensic accounting work and a strong desire to work in this field. Robust accounting knowledge is a prerequisite along with IT skills to include the use of Microsoft Excel and Word. Good organisation skills, confidence and attention to detail are essential qualities.
- Conduct industry research and accounts analysis for inclusion in presentations and reports
- Prepare reports on the valuation of company shares and businesses
- Prepare calculations of losses incurred in the context of commercial disputes
- Undertake asset tracing investigations where there have been allegations of fraud
- Produce financial forecasts and models
- Prepare for and participate in client meetings and conference calls
- Attend networking events with clients and intermediaries
- Exam qualified (ACA or ACCA)
- Ability to quickly establish strong working relationships with both clients and the rest of the firm
- Sound technical knowledge with the ability to think laterally and show initiative in unstructured situations
- Confident interacting with all levels of client staff and team members
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Good analytical skills, experience of financial modelling an advantage
- Team player, enthusiastic and proactive attitude required to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible in approach and manage a variety of tasks effectively
- Strong adherence to ethical principles, particularly in relation to the confidential nature of much of the work
- Leading independent accountancy firm in Surrey offering a full range of accounting and advisory services to clients in London and the South
- A highly regarded and active forensic team to develop your career in
- Opportunity to work closely with a highly experienced senior team with significant big firm experience
- Great working environment including team social facilities such as table tennis tables and badminton courts