A leading global advisory, broking & solutions firm is looking to hire a Forensic Accounting Analyst in London.
About The Company
The company is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions firm that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth.The firm currently employs around 40,000 people serving more than 140 countries. They design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Their unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Thr firm prides itself on crafting strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
About The Role
A fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified accountant to join the Forensic Accounting & Complex Claims team (FACC). The Global FACC offering was only recently established and the London capability was cemented with the appointment of a Practice Leader in October 2015. This role offers an exciting opportunity to someone with Forensic Accounting experience to providing consultancy services to WTW wide range of clients, which transects many industries and disciplines.
The successful individual will be expected to understand the principles of forensic accounting and its application on loss quantification, and will be expected to form robust opinions which can stand-up to challenge and scrutiny. The FACC practice is focussed on providing Claims Preparation skills to the firm's clients in the event of insured losses and to also assist the Client Service teams in helping quantify the risk exposures at the placement of insurance policies.
Reporting directly to the GB Practice Leader this is an excellent opportunity to take on responsibility and develop a career within a unique and diverse industry. Language skills are also advantageous as the growth of the FACC service offering across Europe is one of the key targets of 2017.
Conduct Risk: To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
- Assist in development and execution of strategy to grow FACC practice in UK and Europe
- Work closely with the Client Advocacy team to identify and meet with clients and prospects with the ultimate goal of increasing the firm's market share with large/multi-national accounts
- Work closely with other FACC leadership to ensure consistency in approach and methodology
- Identify opportunities for FACC for post loss quantification and pre-risk reviews
- Identify opportunities for FACC and other service lines within Risk & Analytics (R&A)
- Support the Global FACC Practice, which may require providing resources in the event of a large loss or Natural Catastrophe.
- Collaborate with the UK and Europe management team to prepare client proposals, RFP responses, and attend client/industry presentations
- Any other duties commensurate with position or level of responsibility.
Key Experience / Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in accounting
- Full or part qualified ACA or equivalent accounting designation qualification
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services; including marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems
- Ability to present findings and calculations to C-level executives and other upper management clients
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships both internally and externally
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written at executive level
- Ability to travel globally as needed, which can be up to 30% of the time.
- Additional language skills would be advantageous to develop growth in Europe
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; a fantastic pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover, additional life assurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers and many other options and Corporate deals.