About The Company
Our client is a law firm specialising in international complex and high end commercial & tax disputes with offices in London and New York. They are currently building an accounting team to conduct investigations and become an integral part of the teams advising clients.
The practice comprises of leading practitioners from various specialisms and backgrounds. The firm provides the best qualities of a law firm and the bar, combined into one practice
About The Role
We are looking for candidates with different levels of experience but with a minimum of 2 years of Forensic Accounting experience preferably gained at a Big Four accounting firm or specialised boutique. This is an opportunity to be part of a new team building in-house investigation and accounting skills on top of an already formidable legal capability.
- Conducting and advising on fact finding, fraud, financial and regulatory investigations
- Interviewing witnesses and sources in connection with investigations and disputes
- Advising on quantum and the commercial aspects of disputes including preparing detailed loss calculations and business valuations and supporting lawyers and clients prepare for mediations
- Advising on technical accounting issues and analysis of accounts and financial data
- Reviewing, analysing and verifying evidence for use in court proceedings, mediations/settlements and investigations
- Advising on information required to conduct an investigation/support a claim
- Liaising with and critiquing the reports of independent expert accountants
- Preparing decision trees to assist with presentation of legal advice
- Reporting on results of work undertaken including drafting quantum reports, investigation reports, sections of pleadings and witness statements dealing with quantum and financial issues
- Desktop research of businesses and individuals
A broad range of Forensic Accounting experience including investigations into fraud and regulatory issues and the preparation of expert witness reports.
- As we are based in London and New York, candidates with experience advising on financial crime and regulatory issues in the banking and insurance markets would be at an advantage.
- Candidates with deep experience of tax litigation and disputes would also be considered.
- Business development and marketing initiatives
- Exceptionally organised and an ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator and able to liaise easily with the partners and legal associates.
- An exceptional level of accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced corporate office environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision being a team player within the existing professional team and always maintaining a positive outlook even when placed under pressure.
- Flexibility is key for this role.
- Exceptional work ethic, with a firm commitment to the company’s success and a clear understand of the requirement to keep firm matters confidential.
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- The right person will be exceptionally bright, hard-working and should have a very good bachelor’s degree (First Class equivalent or a high 2.1 from a top UK University).
- A relevant qualification in accountancy (ACA or ACCA qualifications or equivalent)
- A post-graduate degree could be an advantage.
- We are interested in hearing from applicants who have good working knowledge of how technology is being used to transform investigations and disputes e.g. E-discovery software, visualisation tools and data analytics.