Intelligence & Analysis practice
We deliver global intelligence, investigations and security consultancy services. We are intelligence advisors to many of the the world's leading businesses.
Our busy Intelligence & Analysis (I&A) practice is seeking a talented, dynamic, highly-motivated and team-oriented intelligence analyst.
Reporting to the Head of Intelligence & Analysis, the intelligence analyst will primarily cover security intelligence and political risk analysis and assessments for the Eurasia region, which encompasses Russia and the Former Soviet Union, Turkey and Mongolia.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an analyst with an exemplary academic record who has acquired a minimum one or two years professional experience and is looking to pursue a career a leading global risk consultancy.
The role of an intelligence analyst is multifaceted and dynamic. Our analysts help clients identify and understand political risks and security threats to their businesses through timely and high-quality intelligence, analysis and assessments.
The role includes working on our Security intelligence & Analysis Service, bespoke political and security risk assessments, our TerrorismTracker database, newsletters, and other products and services. The role also entails working with analysts covering other regions outside of Eurasia, project work and tasks in support of business operations.
The role entails:
- Production of high-quality political risk and security threat assessments in written reports and articles to tight deadlines
- Writing in English to a high professional standard
- Delivery of briefings and presentations to high-level audiences
- Analysis of intelligence and data
- Peer review and editing
- Desk-based open-source research and monitoring in English, Russian and any other relevant regional languages
- Human source cultivation and development in English, Russian and any other relevant regional languages
- Comment to the media on relevant issues
- Supervision of junior researchers and sub-contractors
- Client relationship management
- Business administration and operational tasks in support of the running of the Intelligence & Analysis department
The successful candidate will have an exemplary academic record in relevant subjects (e.g. international relations, security or politics, war or peace studies, modern or contemporary history). This means one of the following:
- a minimum first class undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- a minimum of an upper second class undergraduate degree, plus a postgraduate degree in a relevant subject
- a minimum of an upper second class undergraduate degree, plus an additional year’s directly relevant professional experience to the minimum required (as below)
Required Experience and Skills
A minimum of one year’s professional experience in commercial research and analysis, and writing on political, geopolitical and security issues
Exceptionally strong research and reasoning skills, and a methodical and meticulous approach to work
Exceptional written English skills and the ability to write to a professional standard with flair
Proficiency in spoken and written Russian is essential
Proven experience researching, analysing and writing about security and political issues on Eurasia
Proven experience in research and knowledge of databases
An ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks
Ability to process large volumes of information quickly to produce cogent and astute expert analysis, and to stay abreast of concurrent multiple topics
Experience of living, working or studying in the region
Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with colleagues, sources and clients
A background in quantitative research, especially in a social science context, is advantageous. Candidates with relevant international contact networks will also be at an advantage.
We are seeking an enthusiastic candidate with a strong ethos of hard work, commitment to teamwork, passion for the subject matter, excellence for our clients, rigour, integrity, sharp intellect and professionalism.
He or she must be comfortable identifying and communicating with human sources and exploiting social media, mapping, databases and other technology. He or she must also be prepared to deal with the more challenging material and subject matter that professional security research entails.
The role entails producing high-quality written work in plain and engaging English. We seek analysts that are able to articulate original thought based on sound research.
Our Intelligence & Analysis department is a busy and exciting working environment. Successful analysts manage deadlines, work well under pressure and deliver high quality work on a consistent basis.
We seek well rounded, mature team players who are willing to help others, and be committed to and contribute to the success of their colleagues and the business. We deliver ongoing mentoring and training, and the ability to respond constructively to feedback is an essential aptitude.