To embed the Operational risk framework focusing primarily on North America and providing support regarding initiatives in other jurisdictions as appropriate.
- Reporting to the Global Head of Enterprise Risk, assist in rolling out the Operational Risk Framework across the firm's US businesses (and other geographies as applicable);
- Arrange workshops/focus groups providing specific guidance to Senior stakeholders regarding fundamentals of Operational Risk;
- Assist in Overseeing and challenging the business with respect to recording and management of Operational Risk Events;
- Assist with the maintenance of the Operational Risk Event Database (OpRED) for North America;
- Partner with the Business to assist them in quantification of Operational Risk;
- Monitor adherence to the operational risk policy and framework;
- Facilitate training and risk awareness;
- Provide MI to management committees and the Board to highlight key risk and controls issues, and tracking of remediation plans for issues raised by both internal and external reviews; and
- Be alert to Conduct Risk issues, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviours across the firm.
Key Contacts / Relationships
- Front Office – Brokers & Desk Heads, Senior Management, Support Functions, Business Managers
- Fully embedded Operational Risk Framework across the relevant entities
- Quality of risk event data on OpRED
- Timely and accurate management information is provided to Senior Management/OpRisk & Compliance/ Board Committees.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience preferably within the operational/enterprise risk department of a financial institution.
- Strong management and communication skills.
- A suitable understanding of the capital markets business.
- Understanding of other operational risks including IT security and regulatory compliance risks.
- Credibility at Senior Management level.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders within a complex organisational environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Robust, resilient and able to cope well under pressure.