Our client is a leading global immigration services firm and are searching for a Human Resources Director to be based in their London, England Office. Utilising significant experience within Human Resource management, the incumbent will provide direction and support for their EMEA Region.
The successful candidate will consult with the CHRO, local leadership team, attorneys, staff and human resources colleagues on all key people issues, including talent acquisition and development, retention, employee relations, compensation, legal compliance, policies and procedures and employee communications. The role will offer a dynamic mix between strategic focus and hands on operational practices.
- Function as a trusted strategic business partner to attorney and non-attorney managers and their teams across the EMEA region.
- Deliver talent management that is consistent with the mission, values and strategic objectives of the organization.
- In collaboration with the worldwide talent acquisition function, provide leadership in the area of talent acquisition.
- Deliver thought leadership along the entire spectrum of performance management, and assist clients in identifying key competencies, as well as knowledge and talent strengths and gaps on their teams. This includes succession planning, high potential programs, learning initiatives and other strategies to encourage career growth, engagement, alignment and retention.
- Provide oversight of annual compensation processes.
- Effectively manage employee relations situations from both a talent and risk management perspective, and be able to interface readily with the Office of General Counsel, both locally and in the US.
- Participate in firm-wide HR initiatives, HR special projects and any and all additional functions associated with HR.
- Serve as effective ambassador for the global human resources organization.
Desired skills and experience
- Highly experienced leader and human resources executive with the proven ability to function in a professional services and/or sophisticated matrixed corporate environment, preferably with an entrepreneurial ethos.
- A strong communicator (verbal and written) who is highly collaborative with exceptional relationship and client management skills. Able to seamlessly anticipate and respond to client needs.
- An energetic, resilient and creative individual with high ethical standards, a strong professional image and executive presence.
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a team setting and promote teamwork within a matrixed reporting structure.
- Possess a global and curious mindset and willingness to share knowledge and talents across the team, office and Firm.
- Professional service firm experience is preferred but not essential.
- HR Certification or advanced degree in Human Resources or a related field strongly preferred.
- Significant Human Resources generalist or business partner experience, preferably in a global organization with some management and virtual management experience