We are seeking a security/political risk analyst to join a global intelligence company.
About The Role
The role will involve producing written and oral intelligence, research, and analytical products to a high standard on global security and political risk developments. It will also involve working closely with various client business units on issues relating to enterprise risk.
The analyst will also contribute to writing the the firms Security Intelligence report. This is an analytical service for major companies operating in the Middle East, and other areas of coverage including South and South-East Asia. It focuses on security issues, terrorism and political stability.
The Role is an embedded analytical position in a high profile US-headquartered international company, but based in the firm’s offices in West London. Time commitment would be split between the client work and firm responsibilities. For work in the client company, the analyst will undertake a wide range of functions demanding an innovative and adaptable approach, including working closely with colleagues in other countries and time zones. In particular, the analyst will be responsible for the collection, analysis, production, and dissemination of critical and time-sensitive information regarding risk to the client’s brand and reputation and its partners, assets, and operations.
The firm the analyst will read large amounts of raw material; and then write their relevant section of the security report. It is particularly challenging to take a mass of material, identify the key themes and then present them briefly and clearly.
- The ability to write clearly, simply, imaginatively and compellingly.
- Excellent verbal presentation skills, and ideally experience of working in a corporate environment.
- Around 2-5 years relevant work experience, demonstrating the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- The ability to identify political and security issues and their likely consequences, and a good sense of what mattes to commercial clients.
- Strong self-discipline and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and self-confidence. The ability to get up to speed quickly on a country or issue of which you may have little or no experience and to speak knowledgeably and confidently on such matters in a client environment.
- Experience of Security Intelligence analysis in a corporate environment would be highly advantageous.
- Experience of Business Intelligence investigations would be an advantage.
- A good degree, and ideally a relevant MA.