About The Role
The Due Diligence team within Corporate Security & Investigations conducts comprehensive and discreet due diligence investigations for the purpose of identifying and assessing business and reputational risk issues involving potential clients, partners and vendors. The team works closely with the Business, Client On-Boarding team, AML Group and Anti-Corruption Group in the region.
We are looking for a high calibre candidate to enhance the firm;s due diligence team in Hong Kong.
- Independent production of due diligence background reports from start to finish.
- Write summary reports based on factual findings from open source desktop research (media and Internet, regulatory and litigation records, company filings, etc.)
- Review new and existing clients in order to maintain the Firm’s client suitability standards from a criminal/probity/reputational risk standpoint.
- Assist Case Managers in performing database research on a variety of public information databases
- Utilise various computer applications for record-keeping, report formatting, forms, cost tracking, etc.
- Bachelors’ degree (Political Science, International Relations, History, Intelligence and/or Law degrees preferred)
- More than 2 years of experience within the related fields including advanced research and writing skills developed through postgraduate studies or employment in an intelligence related field.
- Extremely experienced with online databases usage (ie. the Internet, public records, proprietary databases) to gather information.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to analyse and synthesise large amount of information
- Excellent command of English and Chinese (written and spoken).
- Proven academic accomplishments.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills required with an ability to work after hours to deliver reports to support Business Units where necessary.