About The Role
We are seeking to recruit a Cyber Security Analyst within the company's Risk Consulting team. This is a full time, permanent position and the successful applicant will report directly to the Head of Cyber Security Consulting. The role will be based in London but the candidate must be able to travel for client assignments from time to time.
The Cyber Security Analyst will provide technical cyber and information security advice to our clients and support the delivery of information security programmes. The candidate will also support online investigations (OSINT) and digital forensic examinations.
A broad knowledge of information security is essential and will include a good understanding of the practical application of security technology, as well as its theory. Whilst we are vendor agnostic supporting clients with assessing the suitability of various technologies is a must.
The successful candidate will have up to 2 years of experience within the information security industry and hold an industry recognised certification, such as CHFI, GCIH, CEH, CISA.
The successful candidate will be a good communicator who is comfortable simplifying technical topics and jargon to a non-technical audience. Documentation and presentations skills required.
This Role Includes:
Supporting the delivery and implementation of cyber and information security consulting projects by providing hands-on technical expertise, and;
- Conducting online investigations using (OSINT) to support the the firm's research and investigations capability
- Conducting digital forensic examinations to identify fraudulent activities, such as computer misuse or forged documents
- Supporting clients respond to cyber security incidents as part of the firm's Data Breach SWAT team
- Supporting the legal team with matters that have technical involvement and /or require technical expertise
- At least 1 industry recognised and relevant certification, such as CHFI and CEH.
Knowledge and experience
- 2-3 years of experience working within the information security industry
- Knowledge of digital forensic and OSINT investigations
- Knowledge of systems and networking engineering
- Knowledge of industry leading products and services
- Ability to write basic scripts
- Cyber security safeguards, such as IDS, Firewalls, endpoint protection, DLP, Logging and Monitoring and Encryption
- Penetration testing and common penetrating testing tools, such as Metasploit
- Common OSINT techniques for conducting online investigations and research tasks
- Digital forensic tools and product suites.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant topic
- Membership of professional body, such as BCS
- Experience working within a consulting firm as a fee earner
- Experience in responding to real life data loss incidents and performing digital forensics
- Experience in writing client ready reports
- Digital forensic investigation
- System auditing in-line with best practice, such as CIS benchmarks
- Technical vulnerability assessments