The due diligence (DD) team conducts comprehensive and discreet due diligence investigations to identify and assess business and reputational risk issues involving potential clients, partners, and vendors. The Manager plays a vital role in all aspects of the production of DD reports; and will review reports produced by the team to ensure appropriate quality and consistency is maintained. The Manager works under the Asia Pacific DD management team to ensure the delivery of high-quality, consistent reports to internal clients.
The DD team works closely with the Business Units, Client On-Boarding teams, Financial Crimes Group, Environmental Risk Officers etc. in the region and globally.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATION / SKILLS
- Minimum 5 years of work experience, primarily in core Due Diligence in Asia.
- Excellent people and communication skills in a culturally diversified environment.
- Proficient in English and Chinese (written and spoken).
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of cases using source commentaries and field investigations.
- Advanced research and writing skills developed through postgraduate studies or employment in a field related to investigations, research, intelligence, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to analyze and synthesize large amount of information from disparate sources.
- Experienced in constructively and critically reviewing the written work of others.
- Hands-on experience in desktop information retrieval and knowledge of online databases and data mining tools. Experience in retrieving/reviewing public records.
- Complies with relevant processes and has a keen eye for details; ensures the same from others and proactively offers suggestions for process improvements.
- Thorough understanding of the current and developing business and political affairs within the Asia Pacific region.
- Good knowledge of regulatory frameworks related to AML/Sanctions/Anti-Corruption in the banking industry.
- Passionate about DD and having the ability to excel in a challenging environment.
- Graduate from an internationally reputed university.
- Certification in Anti Money Laundering and/or Fraud Examination will be desirable.
- Independent production of due diligence background reports from start to finish.
- Write summary reports based on factual findings from open source desktop research (media and Internet, regulatory and litigation records, company filings, etc.).
- Review regional due diligence reports prepared by the team.
- Share expertise and best practices with colleagues, mentor new hires, and aid the development of others to the benefit of the team.
- Conduct review of information and sources for accuracy, reliability and relevance in assessing risk.
- Provide responsive service to the Business Units and regularly updates Asia Pacific DD management team on relevant findings and case related issues.
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks given by the Asia Pacific DD management team.