This position can be based out of the Boston, Chicago, New York City, or Washington, DC office.
About The Co
The company provides independent expert testimony, advisory services and data analytics to major law firms, Fortune 500 companies, government agencies and regulatory bodies around the world. The company experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, restructuring, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm assists clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement and strategy consulting. Headquartered in Emeryville, California, the company currently has over 36 offices across the U.S. and internationally.
The Consultant position is an entry-level consulting staff position. The ideal candidate should be prepared to work in a team environment on a diverse range of assignments relating to:
- CFO Solutions (Finance and Accounting Transformation)
- Strategy and Operations
This position offers advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing expert services and consulting firm.
- Contribute to the day-to-day activities of the company's Corporate Finance client service teams executing on business improvement initiatives
- Utilize business, finance, accounting, and analytical skills to perform tasks including, but not limited to: financial modeling, business process optimization, data analytics and visualization, financial statement review, and business plan assessments
- Collaborate with company experts, professionals from other firms and client personnel to achieve engagement objectives
- Assist with preparation of reports, written analyses, presentations, and other client deliverables
- Participate in the development of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial consulting practice including assisting in marketing, client pitches and product and practice development
- Demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, quality and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree or degree equivalent in Business, Accounting/Finance, Management, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, or related field
- 3 to 5 years prior work experience, ideally in a consulting or professional services environment
- Willingness to travel up to 80%
- Strong data analysis skills and problem solving abilities
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work well independently or in a team dynamic
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize changing work demands and learn quickly
- Familiarity with financial research tools (e.g. Capital IQ, APQC, Bloomberg, etc.)
- Basic understanding of SQL, Python, VBA or other coding languages is a plus
- Basic understanding of Tableau or other data visualization tools is a plus
- Basic understanding of bankruptcy processes and procedures is a plus
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the U.S., without company sponsorship.